Policies and Procedures Not Supporting Images Of The Child

Forum for students doing their Bachelor of Early Childhood Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
quillota3

Policies and Procedures Not Supporting Images Of The Child

Post by quillota3 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:11 am

Hi there,
I'm struggle with this question, How policies and procedures might not support the “image of the child”? I've been looking at most of the policies and procedures in my centre and is so difficult to find some examples as all the policies and procedures are in the direction to support the image of the child.
Any idea??
Thanks for your help

Lorina

Re: Policies and Procedures Not Supporting Images Of The Child

Post by Lorina » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:20 am

I found the following information:
The focus of learning is from the child's perspective, so often topics of learning are about the things the child finds interesting and stimulating. It changes the image of the child from that of an empty vessel being filled by the knowledge of the teacher, to seeing the child is as having “preparedness, potential, curiosity and interest in constructing their own learning and in negotiating with everything the environment brings to them.” (Lella Gandini, “Fundamentals of the Reggio Emilia Approach to Early Childhood Education”, The Journal of Young Children”, November 1993).

Ref: Policies

:geek:,
Lorina

quillota3

Re: Policies and Procedures Not Supporting Images Of The Child

Post by quillota3 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:08 am

thank you so much :P