The Queensland kindergarten learning guidelines supports kindergarten teachers’ professional practice in a range of contexts across Queensland.
The guidelines is based on the Early Years Learning Framework for Australia (EYLF) and embraces the inclusive vision that “all children experience learning that is engaging and builds success for life”.
Here is a list of the QKLG, that can be used as a reference guide:
- 1.1 Building a sense of security and trust.
- 1.2 Acting with increasing independence and perseverance.
- 1.3 Building a confident self-identity.
- 2.1 Building positive relationships with others.
- 2.2 Showing increasing respect for diversity.
- 2.3 Showing increasing respect for environments.
- 3.1 Building a sense of autonomy and wellbeing.
- 3.2 Exploring ways to show care and concern and interact positively with others.
- 3.3 Exploring ways to promote own and others health and safety.
- 3.4 Exploring ways to promote physical wellbeing.
- 4.1 Building positive dispositions and approaches towards learning.
- 4.2 Increasing confidence and involvement in learning.
- 4.3 Engaging in ways to be imaginative and creative.
- 4.4 Exploring tools technologies and information and communication technologies (ICTs).
- 5.1 Exploring and expanding ways to use language.
- 5.2 Exploring and engaging with literacy in personally meaningful ways.
- 5.3 Exploring and engaging with numeracy in personally meaningful ways.
State Government Of Queensland (2010), Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines