The Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines support kindergarten teachers’ professional practice across Queensland.
The guidelines are based on the Early Years Learning Framework for Australia (EYLF) and embrace the inclusive vision that “all children experience learning that is engaging and builds success for life”.
Here is a list of the QKLG, that can be used as a reference guide (updated as of 2019):
- 1.1 Building a sense of security and trust.
- 1.2 Acting with independence and perseverance.
- 1.3 Building a confident self-identity.
- 2.1 Building positive relationships.
- 2.2 Showing respect for diversity.
- 2.3 Showing respect for environments.
- 3.1 Building a sense of autonomy.
- 3.2 Exploring ways to be healthy and safe.
- 3.3 Exploring ways to promote physical wellbeing.
- 4.1 Building positive dispositions towards learning.
- 4.2 Showing confidence and involvement in learning/
4.3 Using technologies for learning and communication.
- 5.1 Exploring and expanding language.
- 5.2 Exploring literacy in personally meaningful ways.
- 5.3 Exploring numeracy in personally meaningful ways.
State Government Of Queensland (2019), Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines