The aim of environmental cleaning is to minimise the number of germs to reduce the spread of infection, that survive on surfaces in the education and care service.
Due to the unfortunate incidents of young children being left on buses which tragically resulted in the death of a 3-year-old boy, approved providers are encouraged to review their policies and procedures to ensure the safe transportation of children during excursions, drop off and pickups.
With the catastrophic bushfires happening in and around Australia it’s only natural that children will begin to ask questions about what they are seeing and hearing. Some children may also feel scared and anxious. As Educators, we can reassure children, answer their questions and teach children about bushfires.
On 26th October 2018, is Day for Daniel. A national day of action to raise awareness of child safety. Children ages 3 to 8 years of age can take part in an interactive lesson that will teach children that their bodies belong to them and adults can help keep them safe.
Pediatricians are warning Parents and Carers that baby walkers are safety hazards, even though they are used by babies to gain independence before learning to walk.
The ACCC is warning carers to avoid using convertible tricycles to transport children as they do not typically include important safety features required for strollers.
There has been a product safety recall from Product Safety Australia for the ALDI Jack 'n' Jill Wooden Jungle Railway Set and Sabiha Designs — Teething Rattles and Dummy Chains.
A childcare worker has been banned for working with children after her husband allegedly hit a hit a four-year-old boy in their care, at the New South Wales Family Dare Care Service on July 18, 2016.
While dummies are designed to help comfort and settle children, they are also a potential hazard to infants and young toddlers.
Stacey Willett, from Queensland's Mackay, has revealed the terrifying moment she discovered her 18-month-old daughter Aurora swallowed a dummy in her sleep. Only realising the little girl had ingested the plastic product after they found it in her nappy the next morning.
© 2009-2021 Aussie Childcare Network Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.