A simple activity for young children to visualise and understand germs and how to wash them away.
- Small kitchen sponge
- Small cup of water
What to do:
- Draw the outline of your hand on paper, cut it out and taped it onto a small whiteboard
- Use black washable markers to illustrate germs around the hand.
- Draw a soap bar surrounded by water bubbles and tape it on a small kitchen sponge.
- Ask the child to dip the 'soap bar' sponge into a small cup of water and wash away the germs
Hints and Tips:
- Laminate the hand so it doesn't get wet and tear from the sponge.
- Use small chalkboards instead and use a blackboard eraser.
- A magnetic board can also be used.
Montessori Inspired Germ and Hygiene Activities For Toddlers, Miraculove, 13 March 2020