Encourage children to learn colours by sorting coloured pompoms into the correctly coloured block.
- Coloured building blocks such as Mega blocks or Duplo
- Assorted coloured pom poms
- Tongs (optional)
What to do:
- Place the building blocks upside down.
- Place the pom poms on the table.
- Encourage the child to use the tongs to pick up a coloured pompom and place it in the correctly coloured block.
Hints and Tips
- Children can use their hands rather than tongs
- Instead of building blocks, use coloured paper that children can sort the pom poms on.