Use pom-poms to visually demonstrate how germs spread through sneezing and coughing when you do not cover the nose or mouth.
- Pom Poms
What to do:
- Place pom poms in your hand.
- Pretend to cough/sneeze and fly the pom poms out in front of you.
- Tell children that the pom poms are germs. The germs can move easily to your body when touched or if left alone can stay for a long time in one place until cleaned.
Hints and Tips:
- Discuss coughing/ sneezing etiquette.
- Discuss germs what they are etc.
- Best way to get rid of germs.