This simple activity enables children to use coloured rocks to create the ATSI flags.
- Coloured laminated aboriginal flag
- Coloured laminated Torres Strait Islander flag
- Red stones
- Black stones
- Yellow stones
- Blue stones
- Green stones
- Small baskets for each set of coloured stones
What to do:
- Place the laminated flags in front of the child.
- Using the coloured stones, the child must match the correct coloured stone onto each colour section of the flag.
Hints and Tips:
- For older children, have blank flags without colours, children will have to guess where to put the coloured stones onto the flag.
- Before doing this activity talk about the flag, the importance of it, the meaning of each colour etc.
Five Star Inspirations