Rostering and being causal

Questions on working as a casual. Such as job responsibilities, what to do, finding casual work etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Breeza.B

Rostering and being causal

Post by Breeza.B » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:06 pm

Hey everyone, just wanting some clarification on something that has been eating my brain. I’m just new to childcare, I am currently studying my certificate 3 whilst working in a centre, I’ve been at said centre for 5 months I was asked to become full time and do 5 days, I turned it down as I’m stuggling with anxiety and with studying id like to have a day to myself, so chose to be casual and do 4 days. As I’ve started working at this centre I’ve noticed ALOT. in particular I have noticed the director is friends with both room leaders outside of work and I mean good friends. which I am really not comfortable with, as one room leader I am under I am having a few issues with and I am afraid to speak up because obviously the director is good friends with her. I had also heard a comment made by my room leader to another educator stating “that casuals should be doing close shifts” which is absolute garbage to me. And this room leader I’ve noticed has not had any closes for months. she sits right in the middle and I’ll also add she only does 3 days a weeks. I am unsure what to do about this, and she also has made it very known that shifts “don’t suit her” which I think is ridiculous. Everybody should be sharing all the shifts, it should not matter what position you hold. If you cannot do that and expect the centre to revolve around you your in the wrong career.