Assessment for provider approval and HELP!

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
veenus45
Participator
Participator

Re: Assessment for provider approval and HELP!

Post by veenus45 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:23 pm

But in my info sheet they have clearly said.it can't be rescheduled.if I don't attend the assessment session application will be treated as incomplete and terminated.its very difficult to get assessment schedule in vic.

Rahmzy

Post by Rahmzy » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:54 pm

veenus45 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:23 pm
But in my info sheet, they have clearly said.it can't be rescheduled. if I don't attend the assessment session application will be treated as incomplete and terminated.its very difficult to get assessment schedule in VIC.
Give them a call, emergencies can and will happen. If you have a reasonable excuse why you can't attend they will understand.

So just make sure you speak to the person in charge of your case. You'll be assigned a case manager, learn their name and correspond only with them. Sometimes you'll get someone else who will give you random info, but your case manager is well informed usually.

Yeah, I live in Victoria as well, they take a long time to process applications, I first applied march last year, I didn't get someone until August. I've re-applied after failing my first go now, and its been nearly a year just to get a provider approval. It's a drainer but it is worth it.

A friend of mine said they used to take weeks before not months. He went through the whole process in less than 6months back in 2013. From PA to SA to CCB.

nvidhyan@gmail.com

Post by nvidhyan@gmail.com » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:11 am

Hi All, can someone help me with the questions which asked in the assessment for provider approval?
I have got the assessment end of march. I am based in Sydney.
How tough are the questions?
How much time does it take to get service approval and ccs?
Did you all apply for service approval and ccs before getting the provider approval?

Thanks in advance
regards
vidhya

Rahmzy

Post by Rahmzy » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:49 am

Hi Vidhya,

How tough are the questions?
-They are very thorough, they will be testing if you know how to apply the law and regulation.

How much time does it take to get service approval and ccs?
-Depends on how busy they are, but roughly you are looking at 3-6months per stage.

Did you all apply for service approval and ccs before getting the provider approval?
-I don't believe you can as you would need to provide your provider approval number to complete the applications.

Best of luck.

nvidhyan@gmail.com

Post by nvidhyan@gmail.com » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:11 pm

Hi Rahmzy,

Thank you so much for your reply. Am very nervous about the exam.
Any idea what kind of questions they will ask for?
After the exam, I have got interview as well. what will they ask in the interview?

Thanks in advance

teau

Post by teau » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:46 pm

Hi. Lorina
Could you please help me abit on this question?
Describe the impact of colonisation, historical events and issues on Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
Thanks.

Butterflyblue
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Butterflyblue » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:16 pm

teau wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:46 pm
Hi. Lorina
Could you please help me abit on this question?
Describe the impact of colonisation, historical events and issues on Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
Thanks.
This may help you research, understand and answer the question:

https://www.google.com/search?q=impact+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

I believe the question has been discussed on this forum as well (find via link above)

Rahmzy

Post by Rahmzy » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:31 pm

nvidhyan@gmail.com wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:11 pm
Hi Rahmzy,

After the exam, I have got interview as well. what will they ask in the interview?

Thanks in advance
To be honest I don't know about the interview as I haven't gotten to that part of the assessment, its a random set of questions that are based on the responsibilities and obligations of an Approved Provider.

The best advice I can give is; Read and try to apply the National Law and Regulations as much as you can. There is no practice exams available online anywhere, if you find any please let me know lol.

Butterflyblue
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Butterflyblue » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:14 pm

nvidhyan@gmail.com wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:11 pm
Hi Rahmzy,

Thanks in advance
Rahmzy is right, just read, read, read and try your best!

That's the nature of early childhood education and care (ECEC). We're expected to know a lot without refering to anything.

There aren't any practice tests, sample questions etc published by the Government and I don't think there are any organisations that offer this either (most likely due to the Government's preference the process remains confidential)

People who have done or will do provider approvals etc should be careful extensively discussing information such as what questions were asked in order not to effect the intergrity of these assessments.
i.e people being told questions beforehand and therefor not knowing the material themselves
This also gives some an advantage over others and does not reflect well on a sector constantly under the microscope with all the discussion around incidents in childcare, childcare costs, CCS, too many providers and so on
I'd also advise against exchanging contact details for the same reasons.

I understand there's a lot of regulations, laws etc but there are courses/seminars etc that are available. These are definitely something to invest in if you feel you need more information.

There are also plenty of resources out there to help you study including videos by ACECQA, ECEC websites such as ecrh and also this one. Working in the sector will also help everything make sense.

The process needs to be tough but fair, its perfectly normal to be nervous, its a lot of pressure.

I'm sure if you study you'll be fine! :)

Adeba

Post by Adeba » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:17 pm

Good afternoon all,

i just received my provider approval - granted! totally stoked, now onto the service approval - I applied in june 2019 sat for the assessment in feb 2020.

just wondering, is there anyone in a similar situation as I and looking to apply for the service approval or have experience applying for the service approval upon receiving the provider approval/

MGsingh

Post by MGsingh » Thu May 21, 2020 10:42 pm

Please some one will help me; what I suppose to read in the interview.

MGsingh

Post by MGsingh » Thu May 28, 2020 8:30 pm

Adeba wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:17 pm
Good afternoon all,

i just received my provider approval - granted! totally stoked, now onto the service approval - I applied in june 2019 sat for the assessment in feb 2020.

just wondering, is there anyone in a similar situation as I and looking to apply for the service approval or have experience applying for the service approval upon receiving the provider approval/

Can you please help me with the reading material I need to read before the assessment interview. I am very nervous. Please can you please guide me

saisanko1

Post by saisanko1 » Fri May 29, 2020 6:40 pm

Hi
I am going for my assessment for provider approval on 10th it will be online, can any one help me.about questions they might ask. Thanks

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat May 30, 2020 2:41 pm

saisanko1 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 6:40 pm
Hi
I am going for my assessment for provider approval on 10th it will be online, can any one help me.about questions they might ask. Thanks

Hi!

I have been trying to gather a list of questions with no success! From the posts in this topic, I gather it would be mostly on regulations and the national law and scenario based questions...

Im still trying to find out and if I will let you know if I come up with further information.

:geek:,
Lorina

ibaroda004

Post by ibaroda004 » Sun May 31, 2020 9:12 pm

Lorina wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 2:41 pm
saisanko1 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 6:40 pm
Hi

Hi!

I have been trying to gather a list of questions with no success! From the posts in this topic, I gather it would be mostly on regulations and the national law and scenario based questions...

Im still trying to find out and if I will let you know if I come up with further information.

Lorina
Hi Lorina
We need some assistance in assessment can you please help?
HINA

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:54 pm

Sure...

What do u need help with?

Lorina

ibaroda004

Post by ibaroda004 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:41 pm

Hi Lorina,
the observations in the scenario that could potentially lead to an offence and which is compliant with National Law and the next steps the approved provider should take in regards to the identified potential offences in the scenario
Please assist with above .
Thank you Hina

ibaroda004

Post by ibaroda004 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:49 pm

Hi Lornia,
Still waiting

MGsingh

Post by MGsingh » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:57 pm

Hi Lornia,

I am also having online exam and interview on 10 June, I need your help to get more information. Please Help

MGsingh

Post by MGsingh » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:59 pm

Can you please help what are the resource material you are reading at the moment.