CHCLEG001

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Noran
Participator
Participator

CHCLEG001

Post by Noran » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:39 am

You have just gained employment in a 40 place long day care center as an educator in the 0-2 room. you often find you are left in the room alone with six infants.
list 3 ways you would ensure that you would contribute to workplace improvements in supervision.

1. discuss legal and ethical requirements with colleagues and supervisor. explain to them scenarios and what action could be taken in these situations.
2. these must be written policies and procedures that reflect legislation and ethical standards of the service. provide training to all the staff where they get updated knowledge of legal and ethical requirements.

I DON'T KNOW IF I'M ON THE WRITE TRACK AND FOR PART 2 WHERE WOULD L GET THE INFORMATION?

Describe how your strategies above , support compliance with the legal and ethical responsibilities you have as an educator.

THANK YOU!

Noran
Participator
Participator

Re: CHCLEG001

Post by Noran » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:27 pm

anyoneeee?

SakuraChelle
Participator
Participator

Post by SakuraChelle » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:00 pm

I'm not quite sure I understand which part of the question you're struggling with? Was it this part:
describe how your strategies above , support compliance with the legal and ethical responsibilities you have as an educator.

Noran
Participator
Participator

Post by Noran » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:25 am

yes it was that part

Noran
Participator
Participator

Post by Noran » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:32 am

l think l done the first one wrong as well

SakuraChelle
Participator
Participator

Post by SakuraChelle » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:37 am

The second question is asking you how you feel your strategies which you answered in the first part meet your legal and ethical responsibilities. So basically explaining why you picked those things when answering the first part of the question.

I'm not sure if you are right or wrong with your first part, sorry. I know the first line looks right to me though.

Noran
Participator
Participator

Post by Noran » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:38 am

list three ways you would ensure that you would contribute to workplace improvements in supervision.

-scanning and regularly looking around the area to observe all children in the environment

-actively engaging with children to support their learning as effective supervision requires a combination of observation and engagement.

-communicating with your colleagues if you are leaving an area to ensure you are replaced

describe how your strategies above support compliance with the legal and ethical responsibilities you have as an educator.

- requirement under education and care services national law act 2010 that all children being educated and cared for by the service are adequately supervised at all times and are protected from harm and hazards
- careers have a duty of care to ensure all areas accessible to children are safe, from from hazards. and there are sufficient carers to oversee the activities.
- code of ethics: create and maintain safe, healthy, inclusive environments that support children’s agency and enhance their learning

is this better???

SakuraChelle
Participator
Participator

Post by SakuraChelle » Tue May 01, 2018 9:36 pm

Sorry, late, but yes I think so :)