Should I be concerned ?

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Misse84
Helper
Helper

Should I be concerned ?

Post by Misse84 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:39 pm

I just started a full-time job as a certificate III at a 90 place community daycare. Some of the staff have been telling me that so many staff have left.

Apparently directors leave every two years, and in 12 years they have had ten directors. Six ECT in my room over the years and many other staff.

One of the staff asked me today " do you like it here?" in a weird tone. I am not sure what to think.

Lorina

Re: Should I be concerned ?

Post by Lorina » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:54 am

Dont worry too much about it... All that matters is that you enjoy working there. There could be a number of issues that staff leave a centre for others reasons not related to the centre itself... Big centres like the one you are working in usually have high staff turn over... Staff move on, find another position, work in smaller centres etc.

How do you feel? How has the centre been for you?

:geek:,
L.A

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Re: Should I be concerned ?

Post by catchmeifucan » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:10 pm

Sounds like the centre hasn't been consistent in regards to staff. Maybe a cause of concern. I think its typical for staff to move on from a centre after a couple of years to broaden their horizons. Only time will tell.