Kicked out of a room

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Ashtree22

Kicked out of a room

Post by Ashtree22 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:26 am

Hi there,

Recently a new lead educator started in the room i had been assisting in for a couple of months. I felt that i had been doing a good job, based off of the children's positive reaction to seeing me and feedback from my boss. I had overheard this lead saying she didn't want me in the room and thought nothing of it, however I checked the most recent roster and I had not been rostered for that specific room (with no explanation etc). I confirmed with my coworkers my suspicions and they told me that yes indeed I have been kicked out of the room as she told the boss that she didn't want me in her room anymore.

I feel pretty humiliated and that I am maybe not as good at my job as I thought I was.. Is this something that happens often in childcare? Is it something to worry about? I will be getting clarification when I next work with my boss to see where I went wrong so I can improve for next time. Is there anything you would recommend me doing other than this?

Lorina

Re: Kicked out of a room

Post by Lorina » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:26 am

Hi!

I don't understand why you were kicked out of the room without giving prior warning or given an opportunity to defend yourself... what gives the educator in the room the right to complain about you without discussing any of their issues or concerns with you and the director blantently accepting this?

Not only should you approach your Director but you should also have a private discussion with the Educator who kicked you out of the room to find out what's happening.

I'm sorry you are experienceing this at your service and I do hope you get it sorted.

:geek:,
Lorina