After School Care Conflicts

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Macoola
Contributor
Contributor

After School Care Conflicts

Post by Macoola » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:43 am

Yesterday was my first day in OSCH it was meant to be a training day but the supervisor only stayed for 10 minutes then left. All in all the day went well but in the afternoon some of the girls had a fight. The other girls then took sides and there were tears and all, eventually a group of girls stormed outside. I sat down with each group and discussed what had happened. After a lot of persistence the group outside came back inside thenI made them both apologise. It is much easier dealing with conflicts when they are little. I am just wondering how educators usually handle conflicts with school aged children?

Dragonstorm
Participator
Participator

Re: After School Care Conflicts

Post by Dragonstorm » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:01 pm

hi there Marcoola

you did the right thing in speaking to them individually. Schoolies are a special breed. They sometimes resent having to be in the place as the little ones so tension will rise. They get over pretty quick and you'll probably find that today they will be playing together like nothing has happened. Girls Hey!:)

Dragonstorm