Carers Involvement In A Child's Life

Parenting FAQs, parenting issues & concerns, dealing with behaviour problems, disciplining children, sleeping problems, teaching children, pregnancy and more..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
lilybeth7
Participator
Participator

Carers Involvement In A Child's Life

Post by lilybeth7 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:23 pm

Features of a family’s immediate social environment that are important for family functioning and young children’s development and well being

That refers to a child's physical well being-basic physical care (cleanliness, good food, clothing, medical care etc, emotional; care, love security, feeling of belonging etc, social; interaction with others/stimulation; educational; talking to them, reading,, exposing them to life experiences.

Do you think as a carer you need to know about a particular child's social environment in which they live in, whether they are loved, the neighboodhood they live in or whether they get enough food at home or do you think that what happens in their life outside of preschool is not a carers concern. How much does a carer become involved???
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Family’s social environment

Post by Lorina » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:43 pm

I think it's necessary for educators to know as much as possible as this helps understand the child's behavior as well as their overall development. If you know all is not well at home then this could affect the child's behavior as well as a child's social and emotional development. If you are aware of this then you will be able to support and mange their behavior as well as support their emotional needs. Since educators in early childhood are responsible for children under 5 years old, it's our responsibility to become involved in each child's life in order to develop partnerships with families. This enables educators and families to collaborate together in the best interest of the child.

BTW - Is this an assignment question?

:geek:,
L.A

lilybeth7
Participator
Participator

Re: Carers Involvement In A Child's Life

Post by lilybeth7 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:54 pm

Thanks very much. No it's not an assignment question. I just wanted to know for myself. I just wasn't sure how much is too much. The degree of how much you can get involved as a carer. :P