Planning Activities As An FDC Educator

Kids Activities, Art and Crafts, Cooking Ideas, Kids Songs and Games related discussions.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Justin Elassaad

Planning Activities As An FDC Educator

Post by Justin Elassaad » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:02 am

This is the first time i've posted here so direct me to the right place if this is the wrong area! :)

I run a Family Daycare from home, i have 7 kids in my care(two teenagers an 8yo and four kids under 4), i'm stuck with ideas on what to do, being the middle of winter my wife watches the younger kids and i take the older kids, but am needing ideas on activities to do with them, that are also suitable for the portfolios!

Any help or ideas would be amazing :)

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Re: Planning Activities.

Post by linsaa fdc » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:18 am

Hi Justin,

Welcome to another FDC Educator. I find pinterest fantastic for ideas. I have literally no imagination what so ever and with pinterest you can do a search for the age group and what kind of activities you want to do.....ie teenager craft for girls...... also if you search the fantastic science websites out there, they have amazing activities for kids of all ages and the older ones really get into it. Anything you do with the kids can go into their portfolios, my portfolios are a years journey whilst in care with me. What I did when I had lots of schoolies was to get them to help with the portfolios, we would have dedicated 'scrapbooking' days, they would each choose a little ones portfolio, or their own to do a page for the portfolio, we had lots of fun and the time just flew, sometimes it took one whole afternoon just to choose which paper we were all going to use. :D

Linsaa fdc :wave:

Justin Elassaad

Re: Planning Activities.

Post by Justin Elassaad » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:32 am

Thank you so much, that's actually a really good idea, my wife is better with pintrest then me, so might get her on there to have a look haha :)

Oh that's such an awesome idea with the older kids helping with the younger kids portfolio, will have to start doing that! :D

Lorina

Re: Planning Activities As An FDC Educator

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:06 am

Hi Justin,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave:

You could also find some activities here on this site itself:

Activities

Cooking activities is also great for children of all ages! The older children can do more complex recipes or even help the younger ones to make simples recipes such as cakes, muffins, etc. You could probably even have a small cooking competition if the children are interested...

:geek:,
Lorina