Baby Games & Activities

Kids Activities, Art and Crafts, Cooking Ideas, Kids Songs and Games related discussions.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
roseb

Baby Games & Activities

Post by roseb » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:55 pm

please need help I have recently been moved to the nursery room at our centre after being in the pre-school for two years. would love to hear room setup ideas and art or game activities for babies as well.

Tanisha93

Re: room ideas

Post by Tanisha93 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:09 pm

for an art activity try getting them to paint bubble wrap. Found the kids loved this and when the bubble wrap pops it adds a surprise. Our kids loved it :)

roseb

Post by roseb » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:16 pm

Love this idea thankyou so much .I also love bubble wrap lol

kdUK

Post by kdUK » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:10 pm

In terms of room setups firstly it is important to look at how the room is currently set up & reasons why you'd like to change it. Talk to the other educators to find out why the room is the way it is & what they think of the layout.

In my old baby room it was quite a small space with only 6 babies at a time so we had to be pretty inventive with how we set it up. We had a cosy corner which had cushions, blankets & soft toys in which the babies would crawl over to & fall asleep or have bottles etc. On the walls in the corner we put up pictures of them & their families. The book box was also kept here.

In another corner we had a sensory area with a bubble tube, rope lights & lots of sensory resources. There was also a large mirror on the wall & a feely board. The toy cupboard was on another wall which had the babies art work on.

Throughout the room there was lots of low hanging materials & streamers to make it feel cosy & not too wide open. We also had a lot of low level photos & pictures on the walls so the babies could see things at their level.

I don't know if this is the kind of thing you were after but I hope it helps :)

Oh & an activity our babies loved was getting a large cardboard box & cutting out large holes where they can post their toys throug & crawl through, cheap but effective!

roseb

Post by roseb » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:38 pm

Absolutely perfect ideas thankyou so much cant wait to try some ideas :-):-)

kdUK

Post by kdUK » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:54 pm

No worries, good luck & more importantly, have fun! :D

roseb

Post by roseb » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:44 pm

Will definately try and thanx again for the great ideas everyone :P

teddyduncan

Re: Baby Games & Activities

Post by teddyduncan » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:43 pm

We had to be rather creative with how we set it up in my former baby room because it was quite a small space and could only hold 6 babies at once. The babies would crawl over to our cozy corner, which contained cushions, blankets, and soft toys, and there they would fall asleep or take bottles, among other things. We hung pictures of them and their families on the walls in the nearby corner. There was also a book box maintained here.

JoanEllis

Post by JoanEllis » Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:22 am

teddyduncan wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:43 pm
We had to be rather creative with how we set it up in my former baby room because it was quite a small space and could only hold 6 babies at once. The babies would crawl over to our cozy corner, which contained cushions, blankets, and soft toys, and there they would fall asleep or take bottles, among other things. We hung pictures of them and their families on the walls in the nearby corner. There was also a book box maintained here.
Wow, the idea of photos is cool. I was thinking about putting some animal posters or just abstract pictures, but I think photos are even better. Did you ask families for specific photos or just any?

Maria1991

Post by Maria1991 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:43 pm

Hello everyone! I remember asking myself the same question. We were looking for interesting entertainment together with our son. I found the site then https://wunderkiddy.com/math-sheet/cherry-tree . We found a lot of educational games there. My child really liked it.

Pricemint

Post by Pricemint » Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:17 pm

Of course, I'd be happy to help you with some room setup ideas and activities for babies in a nursery room! Creating a safe, engaging, and stimulating environment is essential for their development. Here are some suggestions:

Room Setup Ideas:

Safe and Comfortable Space: Ensure the room is baby-proofed and safe. Use soft, padded flooring and baby-friendly furniture to create a comfortable environment for crawling and exploring.

Calm Color Palette: Opt for soft, soothing colors on the walls and decorations. Pastels and neutrals can create a peaceful atmosphere.

Mobiles and Ceiling Decorations: Hang colorful mobiles or simple ceiling decorations that babies can look up at while lying down. This can help stimulate their visual development.

Reading Corner: Create a cozy reading nook with soft cushions and a low bookshelf stocked with board books for babies to explore.

Tummy Time Area: Set up a designated space with soft mats and sensory toys for babies to enjoy tummy time, which helps strengthen their muscles.

Sensory Wall: Incorporate textures, mirrors, and different materials on a wall at baby's eye level for them to touch and explore.

Soft Play Zone: Include soft, plush toys and safe stuffed animals that babies can interact with.

Nap Area: Design a quiet, peaceful corner for babies to nap comfortably. Use blackout curtains to ensure a conducive sleep environment.

Art and Game Activities:

Mess-Free Painting: Offer babies the chance to "paint" without the mess. Place a sheet of paper inside a resealable plastic bag, add a few drops of non-toxic paint, seal it, and let babies push and move the paint around.

Sensory Bottles: Create sensory bottles using clear plastic bottles filled with water and small objects like glitter, beads, or even small toys. Babies can shake and explore these bottles, engaging their senses.

Texture Play: Provide a variety of textured materials like fabrics, fur, bubble wrap, and crinkly paper for babies to touch and feel.

Peekaboo: Play peekaboo using soft blankets or scarves. This simple game can bring lots of laughter and excitement.

Mirror Play: Place a baby-safe mirror at baby's eye level. Babies enjoy looking at their reflections and making various expressions.

Music and Movement: Play soft, soothing music and engage in gentle movement activities with babies, such as rocking or swaying to the rhythm.

Rattles and Shakers: Offer baby-safe rattles and shakers for babies to hold and explore different sounds.

Bubble Play: Blow gentle bubbles and watch babies' fascination as they follow and pop them.

Nature Exploration: If possible, bring in natural elements like leaves, flowers, or soft grass for babies to touch and explore.

Remember, babies have short attention spans, so activities should be simple, short, and focused on sensory experiences. Always supervise babies during activities, ensuring their safety and enjoyment. Adapt activities based on each baby's preferences and developmental stage. And most importantly, have fun engaging and bonding with the little ones!