What is a bridging unit?

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
iyaree

What is a bridging unit?

Post by iyaree » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:03 pm

Well I do know what a bridging unit is - more to the point what is involved?
Is it just some questions or lots of assessments?

I have enrolled in my Diploma and did my cert 3 many years ago so before I can start I need to do these bridging units.

I do understand why I need to do them but slightly annoyed too - I feel I already have the knowledge to start my Diploma.

Also I need to do them at home before I can go to school for Diploma and the whole reason I enrolled for an in class is because I can not study at home with all my home duties.

Lorina

Re: What is a bridging unit?

Post by Lorina » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:41 am

I think it depends on your course provider in regards to how your bridging units are set out. As far as I know, the bridging units you will be covering are those that you haven't completed from your previous cert 3. Most cert 3 units are scenario based questions... If you feel as if you have enough experience and knowledge you should be able to RPL those units instead so there is no need to actually completes assessments for it. Maybe you can ask your course provider in how you can go about doing RPL for the units you are required to do.

Sorry for my late response I've been away for the past few days...

:geek:,
L.A

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: What is a bridging unit?

Post by fchaudari76 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:24 pm

Unfortunately they do keep updating and changing the courses so if you did your Cert III a while ago and since then they have updated and added more units to the course before you can do your Diploma you would have to do the bridging units to bring you on par with the current Cert III

What the unit may be would probably just be scenarios and general questions. I would ask them to provide you with details of what the bridging unit/s entail

As for feeling you have the knowledge then perhaps speak to your provider about RPL-ing those units