TAFE Open Learning QLD Diploma in Children's Services

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
aus22
Participator
Participator

TAFE Open Learning QLD Diploma in Children's Services

Post by aus22 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:12 pm

Hi All,

My name is Sara, I have recently enrolled in a Diploma in Children's Services with TAFE Open Learning QLD. I previously used this forum while studying my Certificate 3 and found it to be a great help. I will begin my studies with Cluster Quality Management, CHCCN511B & CHCIC501B. I am awaiting copies of the text books for this course as it says I need to read some chapters before attempting any assessments.

I was wondering if anyone else has studied through TAFE Open Learning QLD and if they have contacted the teachers for support and if their assistance was helpful to you?

Do you find you are able to keep to the time you have scheduled for study, or do you find life's other commitments sometimes get in the way?

Would love to meet some others also studying this way, maybe we can swap email addresses and help each other through the assessments. If your interested please send me a private message or write a comment here in the forum.

glaive
Participator
Participator

Re: TAFE Open Learning QLD Diploma in Children's Services

Post by glaive » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:35 am

I'm doing the pathway program through them with BNIT. Haven't really used the support teachers yet, but regarding general queries I found them very helpful.

The only downside - though it may be with any other school similar - is that grading your work and setting up VPC (in my case) seems to take forever.

Regarding the study demand - I'm still on the Cert 3 part of the pathway program - but it seems easily manageable. I got a little one at home, so consistently gotta step away from the computer every few minutes (unless he's sleeping lol).

Mumtotwo

Post by Mumtotwo » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:21 pm

I have just started the diploma start of the pathway program with TAFE as well (started last week) I have just completed Assessment 1 and now struggling to work through Assessment 2!

aus22
Participator
Participator

Post by aus22 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:21 pm

Mumtotwo wrote:I have just started the diploma start of the pathway program with TAFE as well (started last week) I have just completed Assessment 1 and now struggling to work through Assessment 2!
Which cluster were you doing when you wrote this? What are you doing now?

Mumtotwo

Post by Mumtotwo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:13 pm

Im doing cluster 1 ( CHCFC502A, CHCFC503A, CHCFC504A & CHCFC505A- DEVELOPMENT -B) I have completed the first assignment & passed, submitted the second assignment and waiting for a re submit & just starting on assignment 3. How are you going?

aus22
Participator
Participator

Post by aus22 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:29 pm

I didn't start on cluster 1, I started on the Quality Management Cluster. But will go back to cluster 1 after this.
I just did the knowledge questions for this cluster and got 80% for one unit and 90% for the other these have to be 100% I contacted the teacher and told her my second choice on the questions I got wrong and she said they are correct. So I will do my second attempt today and should get 100% for both.

Does each cluster have the knowledge questions do you know?

Mumtotwo

Post by Mumtotwo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:20 pm

I dont know if every cluster has the knowledge questions but Cluster 1 does. There are 4 knowledge questions and again you need the 100% to pass. Is the Quality Management cluster your first cluster? I have only just completed Cert III so cluster 1 is my first

aus22
Participator
Participator

Post by aus22 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:02 pm

Quality Management cluster is my first cluster, I only chose to do this first because of centre link and the hours I was required to do.

xoxo

Post by xoxo » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:54 pm

I've just started assignment 2 in the Cluster 1. Realised I have 6 days left. :O would love a study buddy!

aus22
Participator
Participator

Post by aus22 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:25 am

Hi there me too and I am a bit confused :S I thought we were meant to be finding activities for the age groups but I think it's only resources, I was thinking if it is both activities and resources its a lot of work for 2 weeks.

I'll send you a PM I agree, will be good to have a study buddy :)

xoxo

Post by xoxo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:32 am

For each topic ( emotional, physical, social, environmental) you need to find 2 resource, 2 picture, 2 websites and 2 activities.

xoxo

Post by xoxo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:15 am

I tried to reply to your email Sara but i couldn't find out how to reply.

For each topic ( Physcial, Social, Environmental etc) you need to find - 2 resource books, 2 picture books, 2 helpful websites and 2 activities.

i've finally done social and physcial and now onto emotional! will be cutting it fine of the due date from being sick!

lucy51

Post by lucy51 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:06 pm

I am studying diploma in BEIT as well, doing cluster 1,2 now

Deepmala

Post by Deepmala » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:19 pm

Hi,
I have recently joined Diploma in childern services ,tafe online. I am looking for second hand text books.
" The Early Childhood Educator for Diploma Chc08" and " The Early Childhood for Cert III"
Need some help where to look for second hand books ?

thanks in advance