Linking experiences to EYLF

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Steffelz
Contributor
Contributor

Linking experiences to EYLF

Post by Steffelz » Mon May 27, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi guys, so Ive been creating my resource file with activities and experiences etc. and I just thought of something (maybe it will come up later in my diploma but anyhow)
Does anyone link the activities and experiences in their personal resource files to EYLF outcomes/program goals to make it easier to find?
What would an activity with a tub of jelly with items/toys etc inside it for children to explore and discover, link to?

Thanks guys :)

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: Linking experiences to EYLF

Post by cathiek » Mon May 27, 2013 7:24 pm

In my programming I link activities to the EYLF.
I would think your activity could be linked to Outcome 3
Children have a strong sense of well-being
Goal II Children take increasing responsibility for their own health and physical wellbeing
.....use their sensory capabilities and dispositions with
increasing integration, skill and purpose to explore and
respond to their world

That is what I would put anyway. I link most of my sensory activities to outcome 3, but sometimes it can be to other things, maybe if I have hidden alphabet letters in coloured rice, it could be Outcome 5 - effective communicators as the children could tell the name or sound the letter makes. It's can sometimes be linked to more than one outcome
Cathiek

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Re: Linking experiences to EYLF

Post by linsaa fdc » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi , I had some difficulty with that as well and I happened to be shopping on the Modern Teaching Aids website and noticed that for a lot [not all of ] the items they have for sale they have linked the the Outcomes already.
This really helped me think outside of the box of how I usually think.
It may help.