Diploma Prac while working

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Macoola
Contributor
Contributor

Diploma Prac while working

Post by Macoola » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:24 pm

Hello I just wanted to know from anyone whom may be completing their diploma part time while working. My teacher has told me my assesments and practical hours must be done with all ages from 0-5. I am not quite sure how this works, say if I am working in a 0-2 years room at a centre, but also need to be around 3-5 year olds to complete some of my assesments. How do I do this? Will the centre shuffle me around so I can do this? Or do you have to 'volunteer' your own time outside your work hours to work with the 3-4 year olds?

Any suggestions will do

Thanks

syakira
Helper
Helper

Re: Diploma Prac while working

Post by syakira » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:42 pm

I think you need to 'volunteer' your own time outside your work hours to work with the 3-4 year olds.

Macoola
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Macoola » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:15 am

Oh ok thanks Syakira! Has anyone else had experience with this situation?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:51 pm

Well I think it depends on the director... I've seen some part timers get shuffled to complete their practical assessments with the different age groups yet others have to come in on their day off to complete their assessments. It really does depend on how flexible the director is... Maybe you should talk with your director to find out the best option for you...

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

Macoola
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Macoola » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:56 pm

Thanks L.A that sounds like a good idea I will do that!

Thank you for the advice everyone:)