CHCMGT003 - Scenario: Educators Complaining and Feeling Unappreciated

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
kimmie.xx

CHCMGT003 - Scenario: Educators Complaining and Feeling Unappreciated

Post by kimmie.xx » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:51 pm

I am just looking for some guidance and was wondering if my answer covers everything!

Read the scenario, then answer the questions that follow.

Scenario
You are a team leader in an education and care service, where you note that there is increasing general dissatisfaction among the staff. People are complaining to each other in the staff room, mainly about being asked to work late at short notice and about feeling that the work they do is no longer appreciated. After listening unobtrusively, you identify the principal grumbler as Tina, a relief educator who has worked at the centre for many years. The senior staff are currently preoccupied with preparations for a forthcoming assessment inspection and have not noticed the developing problem.

Question 1
Suggest how you would address this situation.
I would address this situation gently and in a calm manner. This particular subject is very fragile and it will accomplish a lot more if you were to attack it in a calm manner. I would set out a meeting every fortnight and seek feed back on how the fortnight has gone and effected the educators and what we could do to make working in this centre more comfortable and implement change to suit their needs.

Lorina

Re: CHCMGT003 - Scenario: Educators Complaining and Feeling Unappreciated

Post by Lorina » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:34 pm

It seems like Tina is the main instigator so you will need to set up a meeting with her to discuss the issues and concerns she has. Let her vent and come up with strategies that can help deal with the issues. Have a staff meeting and discuss new strategies put in place to deal with overall concerns of all educators.

:geek:,
Lorina

Kirtidahiya

Post by Kirtidahiya » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:45 pm

When monitoring client progress against a plan and making reports, what data might be collected and used? Discuss in 120–150 words.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:22 am

Observations
Feedback forms
Photo evidence
Work samples

:geek:,
Lorina