Scenarios: Hanya, Pj and Kirra

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
judy88
Participator
Participator

Scenarios: Hanya, Pj and Kirra

Post by judy88 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:05 pm

Hanya
' Hanya is four. She goes to preschool run by our mob. They teach them about our culture and our ways. The teachers are called auntie, that's our way. Hanya goes on the bus because we live out of town. She loves goin' because she gets to play with all the kids. She cries when she's sick and can't go, that makes me laugh! I go with her sometimes. She's learnin' a lot. I want that for her. I didn' t go to to school much so I can't read too good. I want Hanya to be proud woman, be proud of her culture and her people, that's what for her.'
1) Explain why Hanya's mother would choose to enrol her daughter in a service specifically for ATSI children?

pj
Pj nearly five. he is been goin to local child care centre for about four and half years. its good for him. he gets to play with toys and the teachers read to him every day. he loves books we havent got much and some of the people around here are a bit rough- they fight and swear and you know, drink too much. i want him to have a good education so he can get good job and not have to live in a place like this. yeah, that's what i want for him
2) what might be the difference to PJ's life chances simply because he attends child care?

kirra
kirra is two. she was born at 26 weeks and was in the NICU for a long time. i remember she was so tiny. i was afraid to touch her. she has some brain damages and is a slow learners. she is only been walking for 6 months, and she still so tiny for her age. she goes to the specail education centre four days a week. i go with her on wednesday and the teachers show me how i can help her to learn things. sometimes at night i still cry for her. i just want her to be like all the kids, but i know thats not going to happen. i m scared about her future. what if something happens to me or her father. who will look after her?
3) if kirra were to transition to a mainstream early childhood service in the future what support might her family need?

judy88
Participator
Participator

Re: Scenarios: Hanya, Pj and Kirra

Post by judy88 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:46 pm

Lorina,Thanks for your help.
:)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:53 am

You're welcome! :thumbup:

:geek:,
Lorina

Nik1229

Post by Nik1229 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:52 pm

kirra
kirra is two. she was born at 26 weeks and was in the NICU for a long time. i remember she was so tiny. i was afraid to touch her. she has some brain damages and is a slow learners. she is only been walking for 6 months, and she still so tiny for her age. she goes to the specail education centre four days a week. i go with her on wednesday and the teachers show me how i can help her to learn things. sometimes at night i still cry for her. i just want her to be like all the kids, but i know thats not going to happen. i m scared about her future. what if something happens to me or her father. who will look after her?
3) if kirra were to transition to a mainstream early childhood service in the future what support might her family need?

please help with question.....

Nik

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:22 pm

Information on support the centre will provide Kirra
How they will support Kirra
What they will do to assist Kirra
Reassurance Kirra will be safe at the centre etc.

Lorina

Nik1229

Post by Nik1229 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:19 pm

thnx lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:55 pm

You're welcome!

Lorina