Planning Cycle For Children's Learning

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
megs13

Planning Cycle For Children's Learning

Post by megs13 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:20 pm

I've had to plan three experiences that extend on this child's interest. I've done the 3 experiences and now I'm stuck on the last question and don't really know where to start..

g) The EYLF advocates the following about the planning cycle for children’s learning:
‘Assessment for children’s learning refers to the process of gathering and analysing information as evidence about what children know, can do and understand. It is part of an ongoing cycle that includes planning, documenting and evaluating children’s learning.’ (EYLF, p. 17).

Describe, or show within your planning, how your learning outcome and planned experiences reflect the approach to planning outlined in the EYLF

Any help would be appreciated :)

Lorina

Re: Planning Cycle For Children's Learning

Post by Lorina » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:08 pm

Gathering - through observation
Analysing - evaluating the observation
Evidence - using the outcomes to show the child's achievements through the observation
Planning - add a follow-up experience based on what you observed
Documenting - adding the follow-up experience to the program and evaluating it
Evaluating - Evaluate if the child was successful in completing the follow-up experience by achieving the outcomes.

:geek:,
Lorina

Lyna1606

Re: Planning Cycle For Children's Learning

Post by Lyna1606 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:02 pm

From the evaluation, do we plan another follow-up/future plan which will have to link to the next observation. Or we can do another observation on the child next time that doesn't link from the previous observation/follow up experience?