Physical and Nutritional assignment

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
elle27

Physical and Nutritional assignment

Post by elle27 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:35 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: chcfc502A
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
what to include in parent surveys, what can I ask them about their knowledge regarding theirs and their child's information regarding nutrition and physical fitness to be able to create a survey

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I have tried to think of questions for the survey, research using google, but cant seem to get my head around what to ask in the surveys to parents.

Description and Message:
The scenario is based around a kindy room aged group of children.

I am needing to create a survey to collect information about what children already know and do at the centre and at home in regards to nutrition and physical fitness.

I am also needing to create a small survey for the children to complete on what they know - which I am not finding a problem, as most of this will consist of pictures that children will need to circle - to gain their knowledge on what they know about nutrition and physical fitness..

I am struggling to think of what to put in and the questions to put in the survey's to the parents - any help, tips or info, would be highly appreciated.

Elle :)

Lorina

Re: Physical and Nutritional assignment

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:51 am

I found the following:

NSW Schools Physical Activity and Nutrition Survey (it's got details of the research done through the survey however look on page 312 and it has the survey given to parents for this project. You can get an idea on the questions asked and then be able to write your own survey).

Here is another survey on physical activity and nutrition you can look at as well:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/fspsparentenglish

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A