Part B Project Develop cultural competence

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
chichi
Helper
Helper

Part B Project Develop cultural competence

Post by chichi » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:42 am

Hi Lorina,

I'm researching information for these questions. I'm bit stuck with this project. I was wondering any chance if you could guide me to relevant reading information? I couldn't seem to find things that are relevant... :( Please help...

Hope to hear from you soon.

This is the question....

a) Research Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander communities
Student instructions
• Using the Web or local library research Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander communities in the area where you work, or are undertaking your work placement.
• As part of your research, consult with appropriate persons to access local knowledge of Aboriginal/or Torres Strait Islander cultures.
• Identify any significant historical issues in relation to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and the land that the service is on, including at regional and state levels.
• Reflect on and document the contemporary impacts of historical issues including those relating to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, such as the impact of colonisation, historical events and issues on Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
• Write a short report (approximately 500 words) summarising your findings, and explaining how this information can be taken into account when implementing the curriculum, including activities, experiences, customs and events within the service and promoting inclusive behaviours.

Thank you.

Lorina

Re: Part B Project Develop cultural competence

Post by Lorina » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:43 pm

What is your area/suburb?

:geek:,
Lorina

chichi
Helper
Helper

Re: Part B Project Develop cultural competence

Post by chichi » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:26 pm