Intentional Teaching Experience That Focuses On Cultural Diversity

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
souha

Intentional Teaching Experience That Focuses On Cultural Diversity

Post by souha » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:45 pm

I just started my diploma and I need your help in this question.
plan an intentional teaching experience that focuses on cultural diversity what the children will learn and how it built their knowledge i do not have any idea . thank you
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

hemambika

Re: Intentional Teaching Experience That Focuses On Cultural Diversity

Post by hemambika » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:19 am

Hmmm... Intentional teaching experiences are those that are planned by you, not based on any specific observations..
somethings that you can do include talking about the children from different places in the classroom itself and then, how each of us have different skin shades, hair colours and eye colours, but live harmoniously in a single place. You can also have a group time with the globle and talk about different people from different parts of the world, how their ways of living differ and also the differences in languages. In the table activities, this can be followed up with multi-cultural dolls. You can convert the whole experience into an investigation by extending it for more than a week.. :)

hope it helps..