importance of self evaluation

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
rikkay85

importance of self evaluation

Post by rikkay85 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:12 pm

Explain why it is necessary to conduct self-evaluation report IN THE WORKPLACE(BE SURE TO REFER TO LEGISLATION AND REGS)

I get the first part of the question, it's so we are continually striving to provided the best quality care we can and to see where there are performance gaps and development management schemes to overcome such obstacles but I don't understand how I refer that to the regs. HELP ME

I also have another question list at least 3 legislative requirements relevant to children's serives. How are these applied? :? :shock:

I AM A DEER IN HEADLIGHTS WITH THIS QUESTION

Lorina

Re: importance of self evaluation

Post by Lorina » Wed May 04, 2011 9:59 pm

Hey Rikkay,

The only thing I can think of in regards to completing a self-evaluation report (referring to legislations and regs) is in lines with the NCAC (National Childcare Accreditation Council). When you are in a centre up for accreditation you will need to complete a self-evaluation report to begin the process of determining the quality standard of your childcare service. When completing an Accreditation I think it is in relation to the childcare regulations. In your assignment are they specifically looking for a self evaluation in childcare or overall workplace?

The legislation requirements relevant to children's services is a hard question... they want you to go crazy trying to find out the answer..hehehe.. :lol:

Three relevant legislation requirements can include:

1) Children and Young Persons Legislation
2) Child Welfare
3) Community Service

Now I'm not sure if this is correct... below is the link of where I got this info from. Just check it out and let me know if it's heading in the right direction so I can help you further...

Link: http://www.community.nsw.gov.au/about_u ... tion_.html

Let me know so we can try to work this out,

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

rikkay85

Post by rikkay85 » Thu May 05, 2011 1:20 pm

Thanks so much L.A, your so much more helpful then my facilitator. She said she wasn't sure. Thank god for you. What you have given me is plenty.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon May 09, 2011 8:07 pm

Hey Rikkay,

What a fast weekend that was! Back to work on a cold Monday...

Very happy to hear that my info helped you out :D !

More than happy to help… You could say I’m the facilitator of AussieChildcareNetwork… :lol: HEHEHEHE (only joking).

Enjoy the rest of the week at work!

:geek:
L.A

LizzieD

Post by LizzieD » Wed May 25, 2011 11:40 pm

Hi Is the self evaluation for a staff member (performance management) or a site evaluation. Legislations would be for the state you are in. They could be Government legislations such as Children’s Services act 1985, Occupational Health and Safety, Anti Discrimination, Code of Ethics, QAIS (Quality Improvement and Accreditation System) etc.