examples for different areas

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
nar2706

examples for different areas

Post by nar2706 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:17 pm

My course provider has asked that i set out my preschool programme with the following headings which is different to what I am use to. (I am planning A for Australia Day this week).
We are having accreditation anytime form the first week in Feb and last week of April so my director is no help at the moment.

Creative expression
Construction
Active
Sensory
Dramatic/pretend
Inquiry/ special interests

Under the headings I have -
Creative expression
writing
drawing
creatimg
singing songs/rhymes

Construction
loose parts play
block play

Active
morning move
afternoon dancing

Sensory
playdough

Dramatic/pretend
role play
home corner

Inquiry/ special interests
learning about Australia Day and Aborigines
making damper amd ANZAC biscuits

What i need help with is what else can come under the headings and where do things such as cutting, maths, yarning circle, group time etc come in.

Thank you

Lorina

Re: examples for different areas

Post by Lorina » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:26 pm

When putting activities under each heading - you would find that activities can fall under many of the headings - for example cutting can be considered creative expression, construction and sensory l. You need to get an idea in what outcome you want the children to achieve through the activity and that will help you narrow down which heading to put the activity under. So, if I want the children to cut the play dough for example I would put it under creative expression however for practice cutting skills I would put it under sensory... so it depends on what you want the child to achieve when engaging in the activity.

:geek:,
Lorina

nar2706

Post by nar2706 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:29 pm

thank you. I understand better now.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:28 pm

You're welcome!

:geek:,
Lorina