CHCFC507A - Criteria For Selecting Music Experiences

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Chocky

CHCFC507A - Criteria For Selecting Music Experiences

Post by Chocky » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:41 am

Hi everyone,
I need some guidance with this task. I’m not asking for answers I just need someone to point me in the right direction. I am having trouble understanding what the following statement means.

*For this task you are required to develop a set of general criteria for selecting appropriate music experiences for children in each of three age groups, under 2 years, 2-3 years and 3-5years (This means 3 sets in all.) Whilst some criteria will be the same, you need to show consideration of what is appropriate at each age/stage. It must also have reference to music/movement concepts.

Does anyone know of any examples of a "set of general criteria?"
That’s the bit I’m not understanding.
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chocky
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCFC507A - Criteria For Selecting Music Experiences

Post by Lorina » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:18 pm

Hi Chocky,

Let's try and break this question down. First things first you need to understand what general criteria is.. well it means: a principle or standard by which something may be judged or decided. So it can be kind of like a checklist that you can create which helps decide your musical experiences based on the required age groups. You can have a look at developmental milestones for each of the different ages and include this in your general criteria. For e.g. Lanagauge development, social and emotional development etc. You can find all the stages of development on this site itself, under Resources, Child Stages of Development.

Also on the same Resources page you can find Children's Activities and Games. There are a few music and movement games available which also includes the developmental milestones a child achieves through that specific activity. So you can check it out as well...

Hope this helps and please if you find out any further info can you add it to this topic,

Also please include the module number of this assignment so I can edit your topic heading,

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

Chocky

Re: CHCFC507A - Criteria For Selecting Music Experiences

Post by Chocky » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:05 am

Thanks L.A.

It's Assessment Event 2 Music Resources Unit Code: CHCFC507A & CHCIC511A, with Port Macquarie Tafe