Child with language difficulties

Discuss issues regarding children's behaviour at your centre, disciplining children, dealing with difficult child, biting child, aggresive children and more..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
coosa

Child with language difficulties

Post by coosa » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:43 am

I work in a small town day-care preschool and we have two children who are both a couple of months being four and both still talk in grunts and are very hard to understand when they do say anything....One child comes once a week and the other is in twice a week.....Im still studying my cert III but I am concerned about these children and their development. Any suggestions or stratergies that you may have to help these boys would be greatly apprecaited.

Cheers
Coosa

Kaz
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Child with language difficulties

Post by Kaz » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:27 pm

Have you spoken to your GL to see if they have noticed this to? Or there may be a reason for this as well.
if it is just grunts all teh time than I don't think that is norman, but I now my 3 1/2 yrold uses 'baby talk/speech' when she has been placed in a joint room with children younger than her, or sick as well.

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Re: Child with language difficulties

Post by catchmeifucan » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:43 am

Have their parents mentioned any concerns to you or GL?

You could always suggest that they go see a speech pathologist. They determine what is the cause of the speech delay and work with the boys and families to try and correct the issue.

Its best to talk to your GL first before approaching parents about this issue.