I am not sure how much I should get

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
WHATADAY

I am not sure how much I should get

Post by WHATADAY » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:52 pm

Hi everyone, I have a question about my pay. I recently just got a job in childcare however I have not complete any qualifications yet. I have been informed I will be probation for the first 6 months and if they think I am suitable then they will sponsor me to study the certificate 3 course. I have been told to sign the work contract tomorrow. But, before signing the contract, I would like to know how much I am getting paid from the centre. I understand I will be paid lesser as I don't have qualifications yet but I doesn't want them to pay me lesser than the minimum wages. Btw, I am 25 this year, if this information helps to answer. Thank you in advance!!! :inlove:

Lorina

Re: I am not sure how much I should get

Post by Lorina » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:05 pm

How much are they paying you?

What level are you on?

:geek:,
Lorina

WHATADAY

Post by WHATADAY » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:09 pm

Hi Lorina,

Thank you for your reply! I have got the pay correctly according to the FairWork website.

I am going to start working on the 6th January 2020. I hope everything will be alright.

Kind Regards,
Michelle

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:22 pm

Happy to hear you got it sorted!

Enjoy your new job!

Lorina

Pizarro10

Post by Pizarro10 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:28 pm

Can you help me find out how ,such pay I'm entitled to and can ask for?

I am currently studying my diploma ect which is a shirt bridging course as I am a primary teacher with a master of teaching (primary) classified as 4 years trained by the department of education plus I have my proficient accreditation...

I feel that the basic $27 per hour i.e level 1 , isn't accurate... especially that I'm university trained in education plus I have worked as a primary teacher for 10 years...

Any help?

nnikita3

Post by nnikita3 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:54 pm

Hi Lorina,

Can you please help me in calculating my hourly pay rate.

I finished my certificate3 traineeship working full time in October 2019.
And now my current rate is $22.70
But from the start of next year they are promoting me to be the room leader but I am not sure what should be my pay rate and on which level will I lie.

Can you please help me with the same.

Regards
Nikita

nemodori
Contributor
Contributor

Post by nemodori » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:14 am

Hi Lorina,
I’m so sorry to just bud in like this. I wanted to start a new topic to ask a question but it’s been soo long I haven’t been using this website. So I don’t know where the button for ask a question has disappeared to.
Anyway, I hope you don’t mind me asking here instead... actually, I got a job at a centre 3 months ago, and I wanted to ask my boss for some feedbacks on my work. Eg. if I needed anything to improve on, work on, etc. .. but I’m not sure how I should approach my boss to ask about this. I googled some tips but they didn’t seem so useful. I wanted to ask, how would the best way would be, to ask your boss for some positive/negative feedbacks. And most importantly, is asking for feedback OK? Hope you don’t mind me asking here. Hope you can reply me

nemodori
Contributor
Contributor

Post by nemodori » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:15 am

Lorina wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:22 pm
Happy to hear you got it sorted!

Enjoy your new job!

Lorina
Hi lorina, can you pls check my previous reply to this topic. 🙏🏼
I would really appreciate it.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:28 pm

nemodori wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:14 am
Hi Lorina,
I’m so sorry to just bud in like this. I wanted to start a new topic to ask a question but it’s been soo long I haven’t been using this website. So I don’t know where the button for ask a question has disappeared to.
Anyway, I hope you don’t mind me asking here instead... actually, I got a job at a centre 3 months ago, and I wanted to ask my boss for some feedbacks on my work. Eg. if I needed anything to improve on, work on, etc. .. but I’m not sure how I should approach my boss to ask about this. I googled some tips but they didn’t seem so useful. I wanted to ask, how would the best way would be, to ask your boss for some positive/negative feedbacks. And most importantly, is asking for feedback OK? Hope you don’t mind me asking here. Hope you can reply me

Yes it's definitely Ok to ask for feedback to see what you can approve on or to know what you are doing well. However, be prepared to face criticism and to hear negative feedback (in case something negative does come up). When asking do so in private not in front of other Educators or Parents. You can simply say something as simple as "I just wanted to know how do you think I'm going - I would really like to hear your feedback to know how I am progressing". Simple as that. At some centres, they do have half-yearly and yearly appraisals where they discuss your performance... It's always good to know if you're working along the right lines however as I said be prepared in case there is criticism and don't take it personally.

:geek:.
Lorina