Suspect I might be getting ripped off by my FDC employer...advice please.

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Bsraffa

Suspect I might be getting ripped off by my FDC employer...advice please.

Post by Bsraffa » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:24 pm

Hello,
I will try to be as brief as possible. I have been a FDC educator for quite a while now and my Scheme pays $6.50 per hour and the Admin levy is about $0.50 per hour. Ok, to make a long story short, I'll get straight to the point. When the scheme's accountant calculates my wages, should it be basically like this:

educator fee: $6.50 per hour. Let's assume a child was in care for 50 hours that fortnight and the parent was eligible for 50 hours CCB.

$6.50 x 10 hours x 10 days = $650
Next $650 - (Admin levy $0.50 x 100 hrs that fortnight) $50 =$600
Ok, that part is clear...now this is what confuses me....
The Parent to Pay figure...is is generated by going $600 - the CCB? I'm assuming that's it...but when i calculate my payslips, I can see extra money being deducted. Could someone please tell me how the scheme is supposed to calculate it. Thank you :)

Lorina

Re: Suspect I might be getting ripped off by my FDC employer...advice please.

Post by Lorina » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:23 am

I really hope that you are being paid the right amount and that this is all a bit of a misunderstanding. It will be such a shame for you as an FDC educator if you have been paid unfairly...

I don't have much experience (actually no experience) with FDC however I do have the following information. I have no idea whether it will be any use to you however this is all I can find so far.

My Home My Business

I'll keep looking and see if I come up with anything else.

:geek:,
L.A

Bsraffa

Post by Bsraffa » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:36 am

Thank you for the reply and the attachment :) it seems every payslip I'm ringing up about something. Starting to get on my nerves!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:27 pm

Yeah I know it may get a little frustrating but if you're unsure you'd rather be informed than sit there wondering... Especially when it comes to money matters!

:geek:,
L.A

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:08 pm

Bsraffa wrote:Hello,
I will try to be as brief as possible. I have been a FDC educator for quite a while now and my Scheme pays $6.50 per hour and the Admin levy is about $0.50 per hour. Ok, to make a long story short, I'll get straight to the point. When the scheme's accountant calculates my wages, should it be basically like this:

educator fee: $6.50 per hour. Let's assume a child was in care for 50 hours that fortnight and the parent was eligible for 50 hours CCB.

$6.50 x 10 hours x 10 days = $650
Next $650 - (Admin levy $0.50 x 100 hrs that fortnight) $50 =$600
Ok, that part is clear...now this is what confuses me....
The Parent to Pay figure...is is generated by going $600 - the CCB? I'm assuming that's it...but when i calculate my payslips, I can see extra money being deducted. Could someone please tell me how the scheme is supposed to calculate it. Thank you :)
Hi :)
I'm an FDC Educator myself so I will try and help you.

I did the information up on my weekly spreadsheet and I came up with $350 a week or $700 a fortnight.

Hourly fee $6.50
Levy $0.50c
Weekly hours: 50
CCB 0% (As no CCB was quoted)
Total amount due with levy $350 a week or $700 a fortnight.
So thats what you should get

At the bottom of your payslip it should have a reason if other monies are coming out from your scheme.

If you can copy the slip and remove the names and post the slip up I could have a proper look for you.
Been doing FDC now for over 9 years and even now the slips sometimes make me confused lol.
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed email address since it can be targeted by spam bots

Leanneh

Post by Leanneh » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:08 pm

HI...

I was a Educator for family day care for 8 years.. my advice to you would be to go and see your employer and ask her to explain the payslip to you.. Just tell them you are abit confused by some of the amounts that are coming out...

Leanne

Bsraffa

Post by Bsraffa » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:23 pm

Hello, thank you for your replies and please excuse the delay in mine (hard to get online at times with time constraints). I have spoken to the office and they have said they have no control over the ccb. However, after looking at the payslip again, I've realised the problem is with the CCB. For example, a child who has 50 hrs a week booked was paid a ccb of $447 this f/n and last f/n, with the same 50 hrs, her ccb was $500 for that f/n. No explanations could be found for the $53 decrease. Another child here cones for 50 hrs and his ccb is exactly the same every f/n. I'm so tired of having to ring the office every f/n because the money keeps changing - even though the kids circumstances are the same.

Bsraffa

Post by Bsraffa » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:30 pm

PS Lindy, sorry I did not find the time to reply to you sooner. But given you've been in fdc for 9 years, is it normal for a child's ccb to fluctuate every fortnight - hence making the Parent to Pay look dodgy as it changes every f/n. The only fees we psy are the 50c Admin Levy. Thank you again :)

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:55 pm

I totally understand your time constraints!!

I certainly have not had fortnightly fluctuations.

If CCB is the same and family are not using another service it should be exactly the same.

Bsraffa

Post by Bsraffa » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:53 pm

This lady has 4 kids. 3 of them go to before/after care at their school and I take care of her pre-schooler. Her ccb is 98.94%. Sorry to get too private, but the amount of CCB I cited above that I was paid, is that a normal amount for a 50 hr child with that 98.94% ccb? I don't know any educators to ask. Thanks again!

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:47 pm

Is that CCB the 3 child percentage?

and is CCR paid to Service?

Bsraffa

Post by Bsraffa » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:20 pm

The CCR gets paid to the scheme/service and the % is for the one child I take care of - her siblings go elsewhere. Oh, about the %, I don't really know how Centrelink drew that percentile figure.

Bsraffa

Post by Bsraffa » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:23 pm

PS: I can't reply your PM! There's no respond button - maybe because I'm a new member.

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:33 pm

oops yes that would be it