Pay Rate For Lead Educator

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
muskaan

Pay Rate For Lead Educator

Post by muskaan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:46 am

Hi Lorina

i'm doing my diploma in early childhood education and care and i'm almost close to the end of my course and working in childcare as well.
last year i started working as educator and this year i've step up as lead educator and i didn't get pay rise...
they told me to get cert-3 component letter from college and college is not helping at all...
at first they said they don't have cert-3 and diploma together in one course..then now they saying there are difference between working towards qualification and completed course etc..
workplace is doing wrong if they do pay rise of students - higher or according to diploma level pay when student who's only have finished 60 or 70% of course

SO i'm so confused now..as getting so much paperwork and studying together and not getting pay rise..should they pay me more for as lead educator or college is right?

THANKS

Lorina

Re: Pay Rate For Lead Educator

Post by Lorina » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:28 am

Ok, so from what I understand you are working as the lead educator within your room and you are almost finished your Diploma, is that right?

Since you have taken on the lead educator's role your wage should be increased compared to an assistant position if you were previously.

You should actually be on Level 4A which is the pay rate for a lead educator who has not yet completed their diploma, however, has taken the responsibilities of the lead educator. As an educator on Level 4A, your hourly pay rate is:$21.99/full time.

I'm also going to give you the following information for "actively working towards" a qualification just so you get an understanding of what it is:

Actively Working Towards A Qualifcation

I hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina

muskaan

Post by muskaan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:37 pm

Hi Lorina
That's right i started last year and getting paid as level 3.1 on casual basis..

Thanks for your help and making it more clear.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:34 am

No problem... So you should be paid as a Level 4A if you are working as a lead educator in the room until you receive your qualification...

:geek:,
Lorina