OSHC AWARD and job description

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
mellis77

OSHC AWARD and job description

Post by mellis77 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:17 pm

Hi guys. I just completed my certificate 3 In children's services and certificate 2 in community services. I have just applied for 2 oshc positions with the OSHClub, one is casual and one is permanent part time in vic. Firstly, how much would I expect to be paid an hour in both positions and secondly, what exactly is involved in the position as the ad didn't say much?

Thanks

Lorina

Re: OSHC AWARD and job description

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:09 am

From what I understand you will still be paid under the Children's Services Award 2010. Since you have completed your Certificate 3 qualification you will be classified at Level 3. The minimum hourly wage that you may receive is around $19.00/. This means that this is the least amount that they are legally allowed to pay you. Although you may be payed even more depending on their conditions and other benefits if any...

See the following Childcare Wages In Australia

I also have a job description template for a Level 3 worker within an OSHC to give you an idea on what may be expected from you...
[attachment=0]CSE%2bLevel%2b3%2bOSHC (1).pdf[/attachment]
Hope this helps.

Good Luck!

:geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mellis77

Re: OSHC AWARD and job description

Post by mellis77 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am

Awesome. Thanks so much for that :-)