Final Pay

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Millie23

Final Pay

Post by Millie23 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:43 am

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me out. I recently resigned from my position after 10 years, 8 months at the same centre (gave them my four weeks notice) which saw me finish on the 7th December. Since then I have been paid my normal hours worked along with my accrued annual leave (on the next day). However, this did not include my long service leave payment. Another educator who left a month before me has told me that she received all her payments together so when I contacted my old Director about it yesterday she told me that "it never is (paid together) and that I should get it either next week or next pay cycle (which will be the 3rd of January).

Is this correct? Or should it all be paid together?

I am just wondering if I should be contacting someone higher up in the company on Monday before everything shuts down over Christmas/New Year period.

Hope someone can help me!

Millie

Lorina

Re: Final Pay

Post by Lorina » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:22 pm

Hi Millie,

According to Fair Work Australia:

Final pay payments

An employee should get the following entitlements in their final pay:

outstanding wages for hours they have worked, including penalty rates and allowances
any accumulated annual leave, including annual leave loading if it would have been paid during employment
if it applies:
accrued or pro rata long service leave
payment in lieu of notice
redundancy pay.
Sick and carer’s leave is not paid out when employment ends.

In regards to your long service leave, wait until the next pay period...

:geek:,
Lorina

Nadir1

Post by Nadir1 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:29 pm

Hi Lorina

I haven't been on for awhile. But I came on today regarding a question I have regarding my final pay entitlements. I was working as a Perm/Part Time Diploma trained Educator 3.4, at a Long Day Care Centre, but I've was offered a Perm/Full Time position at a Local Preschool, which I have taken.

After reading this post and your reply above, I realised I wasn't payed my Accumulated Annual Leave with my final pay. Which I then contacted the LDC Director about. She has sent a further payment statement regarding this, saying I was payed at a Rate of $29.1518 p/h for the 10.5470 hrs I had for Annual Leave including leave loading which is correct. To a total of $307.46 before Tax. This is where I have the question I hope you can help me with? This was Taxed $76.00?

My payment slip for my last days I worked was payed at $24.8100 p/h. To a total of $930.38 before Tax. After Tax it came to $880.38. So I was Taxed only $50.00? I was wondering is this right? Should I of been Taxed $76.00 on my Annual Leave? Also on this payout for my Annual Leave was the Employer suppose to put anything into my Superannuation? As they didn't. For the last days of work they did pay $50.00 into my Superannuation.

I really hope you can help me with this. Thankyou in Advance.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:24 pm

Hi!

Hope you're well!

I went to the ATO site just to get some information for you, in regards to your annual leave loading and it does mention the following:

"If you are entitled to be paid a leave loading at any time during the financial year, the amount of tax withheld from each pay is slightly higher than if you are not entitled to leave loading". - So this is probably why you got taxed at a higher rate.

Reference: Leave Loading

As for your employer paying Super as a result of your Annual Leave, this is the information I have found:

Super Payment

If you don't understand I would suggest the ATO just to make sure.

Lorina

Nadir1

Post by Nadir1 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:43 am

Hi Lorina

I'm doing great, I hope you are as well.

Thankyou for getting back to me and for the information. Really apricated.

Hope you have a great day.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:12 pm

You're most welcome!

Lorina