Final Pay

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Millie23

Final Pay

Post by Millie23 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:43 am

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me out. I recently resigned from my position after 10 years, 8 months at the same centre (gave them my four weeks notice) which saw me finish on the 7th December. Since then I have been paid my normal hours worked along with my accrued annual leave (on the next day). However, this did not include my long service leave payment. Another educator who left a month before me has told me that she received all her payments together so when I contacted my old Director about it yesterday she told me that "it never is (paid together) and that I should get it either next week or next pay cycle (which will be the 3rd of January).

Is this correct? Or should it all be paid together?

I am just wondering if I should be contacting someone higher up in the company on Monday before everything shuts down over Christmas/New Year period.

Hope someone can help me!

Millie

Lorina

Re: Final Pay

Post by Lorina » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:22 pm

Hi Millie,

According to Fair Work Australia:

Final pay payments

An employee should get the following entitlements in their final pay:

outstanding wages for hours they have worked, including penalty rates and allowances
any accumulated annual leave, including annual leave loading if it would have been paid during employment
if it applies:
accrued or pro rata long service leave
payment in lieu of notice
redundancy pay.
Sick and carer’s leave is not paid out when employment ends.

In regards to your long service leave, wait until the next pay period...

:geek:,
Lorina