Being paid correct qualification

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
hayley_k

Being paid correct qualification

Post by hayley_k » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:00 pm

Hi there,

Am new to this site and would like to clarify something. I have sought information from Fair Work SA and SA Work SA but I am not sure if the question was understood by the people I spoke to.

If our service offers up a shift for an unqualified (Cert III) staff member and a qualified (Diploma) staff member wishes to apply for this position, do they have to be paid at a qualified level or are we able to pay them at an unqualified level?

I understand that employees should be paid according to their qualification level but if they chose to put their hand up for an unqualified shift, is this still the case?

Where can I get clarification on this?

All of our staff are casual, we are based in South Australia

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated

Lorina

Re: Being paid correct qualification

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:22 am

Hmmm that's an interesting question... I'm not too sure. The best is for you to contact Fair Work Australia but you mentioned you already did that. Maybe it's best to send them an email so you can clearly write your question without any misunderstanding and you have a response from them in writing which you can refer to in future if necessary.

May I ask what is the position? If it is for an assistant position a Diploma is able to take this role on and in the Award the assistant Diploma wage is Level 3.4 (that's the minimum you can pay a Diploma qualified worker).

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina