Completing A Log Book During A Traineeship

Questions on starting a Cert 3 or Diploma traineeship, duties during a traineeship, traineeship working conditions etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
MJ1991
Participator
Participator

Completing A Log Book During A Traineeship

Post by MJ1991 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:59 am

Hi guys,

Just a general question as I'm not really sure where I stand with this and would like some advice.

So basically I am a trainee studying my certificate 3, I work full time and do my assignments during the 3 study hours given to me at the centre where i work and also after work and on weekends in my own time. However I have been given a 'Student work experience and code of conduct log book" by my RTO and been told that i need to complete this as well as the 18 units, but having had a read through this log book, it refers to work placement and having the nominated supervisor of the centre where i am completing 'work placement' check off a list of tasks that a student must do and be marked competent for, it also asks for a report form to be filled out. In this log book I also have extra questions to complete that refer back to the units of the certificate.

What I am wondering is, is it necessary to complete this log book? I have had plenty of students at the centre where I work and seen them doing the log book, I also work with other trainees doing the same certificate that say they have nothing like that although they are with different companies and I'm not sure if its a standard thing or if its at the desecration of the RTO.

Any advice on this would be helpful as I plan on talking to my trainer about it but would like to have something to back me up.

Thank you in advance.
Kind regards,
Melanie

Lorina

Re: Completing A Log Book During A Traineeship

Post by Lorina » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:28 pm

Yes, you will need to complete this log book. This log book provides details to your RTO that you're able to perform the necessary tasks and duties required for a cert 3 qualification. I also completed a log book during my Diploma qualification at my work. My director was able to sign off on all the tasks and duties as I completed them and questions that I had answered... However I didn't need to do a log book for my cert 3 as my assessor came to my work to assess me every few months so she was able to sign off on tasks she had seen me complete...

Each course provider is different... so what you may do others won't need to...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina