What happens when?!?!

Share your work experiences, have a rant, discuss concerns, get advice for work problems, discuss work issues, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Laiorwyn
Participator
Participator

What happens when?!?!

Post by Laiorwyn » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:16 pm

I'm really worried,
Today when we were cleaning up I accidentally bumped a boy in the head. You know how it happens, you're picking something up, turn around, and there's their face. It was his forehead, he didn't react so I didn't think anything of it, just kept cleaning.
Five minutes later, his mum comes to pick him up. Suddenly, he's holding his EYE, pointing at me and saying "she hit me!" over and over again. His mum didn't help - "what happened? what happened?!" like a 3 year old is going to expand on his explanation.
Now, I've only been in childcare since last feb. I've had it drilled into me how BAD that accusation is. I panicked. I knew exactly what he was referring to and lied and said I didn't. Big mistake. Now I'm screwed. What do I do!?

Lorina

Re: What happens when?!?!

Post by Lorina » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:14 am

Take a deep breathe!

When you go into work go and speak to the director and tell them exactly what you said on here. You were cleaning up and you accidentally bumped the little boy on the forehead. You checked it and there wasn't a mark or anything so you didn't record it. When the boy said you hit him in the eye you didn't know what he was talking about because you accidentally bumped him on the head... Was anyone with you when this incident happened to back you up? This is just a misunderstanding and it should be sorted by the end of the day...

Let me know how it goes...

It should be ok!

:geek:,
L.A

Misse84
Helper
Helper

Post by Misse84 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:00 pm

Ah, I worry about this sometimes. We had a little girl who used to say that she would tell her parents that we are mean to her, because we told her what to do. One child also wet her bed and said that I told her she couldn't go, and I once or twice whacked a child by accident, they were fine but I told the parents as soon as they got picked up.

I am sure it is fine, let us know how it goes.

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:58 pm

Had a staff member grab and yank a child by the arm in front of mum (she didn't realize mum was there). Staff said she didn't do it on purpose and was only trying to get the child to pick up toys before running off. Mum thought this staff was intentionally trying to hurt her child. Child ran to mum and began sobbing, parent went over to staff and started accusing staff of abuse. anyways, long story short after meetings with all those involved, management and director it was concluded that child be moved to a different room and this staff wasn't to go near the child. Although after a month or so parent and this staff were on speaking terms again and it seemed like water under the bridge. I don't think this issue got reported any further.

Is your issue settled?

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:47 pm

i know it is scary but never lie, it happens, we have all accidentally bumped or knocked a child. Lying is only going to cause more problems esp if someone saw it happen and then heard you lie may complain to management etc and a really small thing could turn into something bigger!