Children will enjoy creating these sparkly winter paintings using paint, glue and salt.
- Washable tempera paint (blue and white)
- Paint brushes,
- Thick art paper
- Epsom salt
- Washable white liquid school glue
What to do:
- Blob a spoonful of blue and white paint onto the child's paper.
- Encourage the child to mix the white and blue paint together to make different patterns.
- Before the paint dries, squirt white liquid school glue all over the painting.
- The child then can sprinkle Epsom salt over the glue.
- Shake off the the remaining salt.
- Let it dry.
Hints and Tips:
- Epsom salts have a larger crystal than regular table salt or even kosher salt.
- Use regulate crystal salt, if Epsom salt isn't available.
- Instead of using a paintbrush use a different medium such as cotton balls, balloons, toothbrush etc.
Sparkly Winter Paintings, Stay At Home Educator