Information On Being An In Home Child Carer

Share your work experiences, have a rant, discuss concerns, get advice for work problems, discuss work issues, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
hayleyjk

Information On Being An In Home Child Carer

Post by hayleyjk » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:38 pm

Is anyone an in home child carer?
I am thinking about this and am wanting to know a few details. ** have contacted local provider, just waiting for them to get back to me..

Just looking for some general experiences.
How it works four you?
Do you find there is enough work?
doing own tax, super, etc.
Pay scale?
Anything else i may have missed?
Any ufo would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Hayley

Lorina

Re: Information On Being An In Home Child Carer

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:06 pm

Here is some information I have found:
In-home care is a flexible form of child care where the care is provided in the child’s home by an approved educator. To ensure quality outcomes for children the care is monitored and supported by an approved agency (Service Provider).

In home care is not available to everyone, but limited to families who have no access to existing child care services, and/or their circumstances mean that an existing child care service cannot meet their needs, and where the family meets one or more of the following criteria:
 the child has, or lives with another child who has an illness or a disability;
 the child’s guardian (or guardian’s partner) has an illness or disability that affects their ability to care for the child;
 the child lives in a rural or remote area;
 the work hours of the child’s guardian (or guardian’s partner) are hours when no other approved child care service is available;
 the child’s guardian (or guardian’s partner) is caring for three or more children who have not yet started school.

Interim Standards for the delivery of In-home Care were released in February 2008.

In Home Care services must comply with any applicable State and Territory regulations and licensing requirements when providing care to children.

As each In Home Care service is allocated a limited number of places, they must also ensure that they do not provide care in excess of their allocation. This means that an In Home Care service may not always be able to meet the needs of all eligible children.

Ref: In Home Care

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Re: Information On Being An In Home Child Carer

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:09 pm

This will also provide you with some more information:

Information For Approved Home Care Providers

I'm sorry if I haven't provided answers to your questions... I'm not too sure as I've only worked in early childhood services...

:geek:,
Lorina