Having Problems With A Teacher At My Child's Daycare

Share your work experiences, have a rant, discuss concerns, get advice for work problems, discuss work issues, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
hello

Having Problems With A Teacher At My Child's Daycare

Post by hello » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:32 pm

Hello everyone. I have been searching everywhere but I couldn't find any similar experience so i have decided to write here...hoping for everyone's suggestions and thoughts how i could handle such situation...My son goes to a daycare which we really enjoy him going..and everything is perfect but...One of the pre-kinder teacher at (not my son's class) but in next door 4 year old kindy room teacher is behaving strangely odd and I really don't know what to do...cut the long story short, she only says hi and greets with smile to my husband but fully and evidently ignores my being. It's been over 4 months, I tried to ignore her behaviour..and asked my husband to observe the situation and to tell me his thoughts. And now he also believes that her behaviour is odd and rude because it was so clear that she is trying avoid my contacts and ignore my existence..this is making me feel uncomfortable to go to daycare to drop off or pick up our own son. I shouldnt have to feel this way! Just so everyone can understand, to drop off our son, we have to walk pass 4 year olds room so we have no choice but to walk through her class room. And because it happens every time, it make us feel rather uneasy to walk pass the room..and because she always says hi to my husband and turns her head side and pretend she cant see me, its not nice things to experience every morning when all we are trying to do is to drop off our kid to daycare. And most of all we just cant understand WHY she is doing this because our child is not even in her class..i hear lot of stuff about daycare experiences, but i never heard of such thing and never thought i will experience such thing so we are and I am just simply lost..basically this teacher is none related to my son's class, so this is more of mystery to me why she will even behave this way towards me..only towards me..Our son will be in her class next year and we are concerned if this is not sorted asap then maybe this could become a huge issue especially on communication between parents & teacher side of it...and i dont feel comfortable leaving our son with someone who cant even say hi to me..i mean if she doesnt even want to look at me then how is she going to communicate at all? has anyone experienced such thing??or any suggestion what we should do?? We really don't want to move daycare as our son loves going here...Please share your thoughts...
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Having Problems With A Teacher At My Child's Daycare

Post by Lorina » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:36 am

This is rather bizarre situation you're in and you shouldn't have to feel this way. Are you able to approach her and just have a quick word with her? Nip the problem in the butt so to speak. Maybe just approach her and have a private word with her something like "Hi, I'm Jacks mum I'd like to have a quick word with you. I get the impression that you're avoiding me and it makes me feel very uncomfortable. I just want to sort out any issues that you have?". OR in the morning when walking through the room when this teacher says hi to your hubby how about you say "Hi" to her as well even if she ignores you just walk up to her an say it.

If you don't feel comfortable and if it seems like this is been done on purpose and from what you have said it is, you can SHOULD also approach the director with your concerns. Maybe you could suggest to the director to be in the room as this teacher around the time you arrive to drop off your son so they can witness it for themselves. Or you could also suggest a meeting with the director and this teacher to sort this out.

On a lighter note, maybe you have a handsome husband and she is jealous?? :lol:

Seriously though, you're right you do need to get this issue sorted as soon as possible because you shouldn't' be made to feel this way at all! Talk to the director about it...

:geek:,
Lorina

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:46 am

Hi Hello,
I agree with Lorina. Sometimes things are just for the silliest of reasons re.....
Lorina wrote:QR_BBPOST On a lighter note, maybe you have a handsome husband and she is jealous?? :lol:
I would go up to her and ask her if there is any problem. Once I had a parent doing the same when she dropped her child to me which is really awkward because I am the only one she deals with in Family Day Care, and it turned out the previous day she thought I didn't answer her when she said good bye. I did but she didn't hear me. when I asked her the following week if everything was ok she said she thought I was upset with her.

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:49 am

oops, Clicked the wrong button. After that it was all sorted and now I make sure I excuse myself if another parent is in the middle of talking to me and I quickly say goodbye to the parent leaving so they hear me.

linsaa fdc :wave:

hello

Post by hello » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:10 pm

Hi all, thanks for your suggestions. I actually spoke to the Centre Co - ordinator about this which was really odd thing to talk to her about...and she told me that she will address this with this teacher. And this was yesterday. Well today, when we went in this morning to drop off our son, she saw me coming in to the room (my husband was behind me), but she turn away and busy herself as usual but since she was so far away from where we were walking by, I didn't care. Well the funniest thing is...When my hubby went to pick up our son this afternoon by himself, apparently she said hello and even tried to make small talks to my hubby about today's weather. So she clearly only ignores and disregards me. Now I feel actually angry that I don't know if I will be able to trust her to send our child there next year. Our son really enjoy this daycare and I will hate to move him. But I also now hate for him to be in her class. I don't know why this is happening to me..All I want to do is send our child to daycare where I can leave him knowing that he will be happy while I'm working..my hubby thinks I should drop off and pick up by myself next week and see if she ever acknowledge me..i dont know I think I'm tired of all this already...what should I do???

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:41 am

So, if she is making small talk with your hubby then maybe the co-ordinator has spoken to her about your concerns. However, she should be addressing you... I think your husband suggestion is a good one. Rather than try it for a week do it for a day or 2 and see what happens. During this time, make it a point to say hello to her even if she doesn't acknowledge you or tries to ignore you and see what happens. If nothing improves talk to the co-ordinator once again and let her know that because of this issue and it hasn't been improved you're pulling your child out.

I know it can feel like a "game" but if you want your son to continue at this daycare you need to sort it out...

Hopefully it will all be over soon,

:geek:,
Lorina

hello

Post by hello » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:26 pm

thanks heaps will let you know if any changes next week!! fingers crossed...