Actively working towards an approved qualification - Bach of Early Childhood Education

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
nveec

Actively working towards an approved qualification - Bach of Early Childhood Education

Post by nveec » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:00 pm

Hi,

I'm going to be commencing my studies in a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education next month. I obviously want to get working as soon as possible and noticed some places it says if you are actively working towards a qualification and completed 30% of units you can be qualified to be working in child care..can someone explain this to me? Does it apply for the Bachelor? And if so how many units will I have needed to complete to be qualified to work in a centre at any level?

Lorina

Re: Actively working towards an approved qualification - Bach of Early Childhood Education

Post by Lorina » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:32 pm

Here is some information for you:

Taken to be an early childhood teacher

In September 2017, the Education Council agreed to extend regulation 242 of the National Regulations. Until 31 December 2019, once you have completed 50% of an approved ECT qualification (or if you already hold an approved diploma level qualification), you can be counted as an early childhood teacher under regulation 242. Please note that regulation 242 does not apply in Victoria after 31 December 2017 or if you are working in a centre-based service educating and caring for 30 or more children preschool age or under in NSW.

:geek:,
Lorina

ashleigh-louise89

Re: Actively working towards an approved qualification - Bach of Early Childhood Education

Post by ashleigh-louise89 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:02 pm

Hi,
Sorry to post on this forum, but I struggled to find where and how to start my own. I was hoping someone could answer some questions for me regarding Bachelor of Education.
I have completed a Cert III and Diploma in Early Education and Care and will be commencing my Bachelor in July this year. I work full time within the ECE sector. I have never studied at Uni before but breezed through Tafe. How intensive are the units?

Thanks

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:44 pm

ashleigh-louise89 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:02 pm
Hi,
Sorry to post on this forum, but I struggled to find where and how to start my own. I was hoping someone could answer some questions for me regarding Bachelor of Education.
I have completed a Cert III and Diploma in Early Education and Care and will be commencing my Bachelor in July this year. I work full time within the ECE sector. I have never studied at Uni before but breezed through Tafe. How intensive are the units?

Thanks

If you had breezed through your Diploma then I don't think you will have too much trouble with assignments for uni. They require research and more theory and as long as you're on top of it all then you should be fine. Since you are working in ECE it helps since you have hands-on experience. Just make sure you put in enough study hours, don't leave assignments to the last minute and read questions carefully to make sure you understood what's exactly required...

:geek:,
Lorina