Studying and working

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
SierrasMumma
Participator
Participator

Studying and working

Post by SierrasMumma » Sun May 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Good morning Ladies, I am studying and working. But first im a mummy of 2 (3yr boy, 16 mnth girl) I am finding the loads easy at the moment, but am losing motivation on my study!! In particular HLTWHS300A is really pulling me back. We plan to move some 650 kms away in less than 6 months, in which i will be sending my assignments in the mail which will only make me less motivated. Any tips to keep on track?

P.S. I will be working through to advanced diploma, I currently work as a childcare assistant.

Lorina

Re: Studying and working

Post by Lorina » Wed May 15, 2013 12:13 am

At the beginning of the whole study process it's very exciting. We get sent our little package of modules we concisely do the work and then slowly but surely a "lull" sets in... We begin to lack motivation as other priorities slowly begin to take over. It happens to every one of us.

I think one of the important ways to keep on track is to set yourself some goals. When you get sent your module have a quick read through the questions and give yourself a couple of days to complete it (or more depending on the length of the assignment). Get yourself a wall calendar/ monthly calendar so you can mark when to complete each assignment by. If you put it somewhere, where it's staring you straight in the face then I think you will be more likely to complete it.

I always find it easier when I read the questions first.... You may know answers already or you can begin researching which always seems to take the longest. The harder the questions seems to be the less motivated we are to complete it, so it's also good to start with the hardest question first.

Also along with goals I set myself fun stuff to do as I complete each section. For example if I set myself 2 days to complete an assignment and I did then I will give myself a treat... May seem a little lame however it works for me!

Don't worry I'm sure all will be fine!

Good Luck,

:geek:
L.A