CHCECE006 Support Behaviour Of Children And Young People

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Shannon55

CHCECE006 Support Behaviour Of Children And Young People

Post by Shannon55 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:19 pm

I need help with recording 3 observations of Rhys’s behaviour and analyse each one

ABC narrative
Time Sample frequent count
Anecdotal
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

yinger_fei

Re: CHCECE006 Support Behaviour Of Children And Young People

Post by yinger_fei » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:09 pm

any help with this scenario? :sweating:
Scenario :
Sometimes, because of her mother’s work, Salina arrives at the service when it is time for the children’s morning tea. At this time, the children are excited, packing up activity materials, rearranging their tables and chairs and chatting to one another. The noise and activity of the children distresses Salina and agitates her. Lucy, the educator, realises this and thinks it would be much better if Salina could arrive at an earlier time when they are reading stories. However, Salina’s mother says this is not possible. Lucy considers whether to change morning tea to a later time to accommodate Salina’s needs.

b What changes could be made to your practices or play environment to help Salina feel safe and supported at this time?
c If you made these changes, do you think they would be equitable (fair to all children)? Explain why or why not.

I think it's not fair. All children are equal.Children are used to eat morning tea at regular times, and if the time is changed, it affects all the children.
But I don't how to make changes in this scenario.

aborra

Post by aborra » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:45 am

Hi

I need help for this question please help me?

1. Spend some time working to understand the strategies in place in the learning environment which assist to support positive behaviour and/or to prevent behavioural problems occurring. you can do this by....
. reading the policies, practices and procedures for supporting positive behaviour
. understanding your job role to support positive behaviour
. observing the practices of your supervisor and other qualified staff
. analysing how the classroom operates in line with the preventative strategies outline in the learning guide

when you feel you understand the roles and expectations, answer the following questions....

a) what are the expectations of the children in this classroom for their behaviour that you need to implement?

answer: Every service should have a behaviour management policy on which all behaviour interactions and personalised behaviour support plans are based. this policy supports human and legal rights of children, educators review their current practice, provide positive and practical options to consider when managing group behaviour and provide a systematic approach to develop plans to meet the needs of children with behaviours of concern. Define the type of interventions that are not acceptable such as physical punishments. an effective policy should out line the principles of positive behaviour guidance, such as fostering pre social behaviour and developing self discipline and self esteem through learns behaviour skills such as self awareness etc....

b) what strategies are in place to meet children"s needs to prevent problems? For example, physical and emotional needs?

answer: Positive relationships are the including children having a trusting and open relationship with their educators and have peers that support them as well. As educators, we should get to know the children well and focus on their individuality and strengths too . Its about having differences respected and supported, and catering to individual needs.

i answered the above question .... as am i going through the right way? If i am wrong can you please suggest me.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:44 pm

You copied the answer from somewhere it sounds like... anyway... are you currently working? If you are, can you get a copy of the behaviour management policy from their service, which will give you strategies on how they deal with children's misbehaviour...

:geek:,
Lorina

aborra

Post by aborra » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:00 pm

Hi Lorina,

I wrote these answers from my learning guide.
i will ask them a copy about behaviour management policy.

thanks

aborra

Post by aborra » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:31 am

Hi Lorina,

A) What are the expectations of the children in this calassroom for their behaviour that you need to implement?

In this classroom If a child intentionally makes a mess like writing on a wall or pouring paint on the floor have them help you clean it up. This happens in our sensory area from time to time, and my go-to course of action is 1. Help me clean up. 2. You are done in that area for the day. I don’t make it a huge punishment I simply say something like “You need to choose another area to play, maybe tomorrow you will be ready to play with the sensory table appropriately, we can try again tomorrow.”

B) What strategies are in place to meet childrens needs to prevent problems? for example physical and emotional needs?

Establish positive relationships with children
•I empower children to use language and other forms of non-hurtful communication to
communicate their emotions
•I will promote positive, empathetic relationships between children assisting them to develop
respectful relationship
•I wll encourage and assist children to make decisions for themselves and provide opportunities for
independence and self-regulation
• I will provide positive feedback and focus on children’s strengths and achievements and build on their
abilities
•I will be understanding and supportive – acknowledge children’s emotions
•I will help children develop a sense of social responsibility, so that they become aware of the impact of
their actions on others
•I will Provide age appropriate and interesting activities, experiences and equipment for children to use
and become engaged in as they challenge their development
• Providing opportunities for children to explore both in the indoor and outdoor environment
• Set up the environment (indoor and outdoor) for children to engage in activities and experiences
in accordance with their abilities and interests
• Implementing a regular routine in order to support children’s positive behaviour. Routines help to
provide a sense of security so children feel settled.

I answered the above questions ... as am i going through the right way? can you please check..

Thanks

aborra

Post by aborra » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:33 pm

Hi Lorina,

QUESTION 1 : How is the environment and routine organised to prevent behavioural problems in the classroom?

QUESTION 2 : Describe 2 behaviours effectively managed in the education environment that were caused by environmental factors . For example, routine , resources, equipment, space.
A) what was the behaviour you observed?
B) why do you think it was occurring? (function of behaviour)
C) how was the behaviour managed in the learning environment?

i am stuck with this question to complet ..... can you please give any suggestion to me.....

Thanks

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:13 am

aborra wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:31 am
Hi Lorina,

A) What are the expectations of the children in this calassroom for their behaviour that you need to implement?

In this classroom If a child intentionally makes a mess like writing on a wall or pouring paint on the floor have them help you clean it up. This happens in our sensory area from time to time, and my go-to course of action is 1. Help me clean up. 2. You are done in that area for the day. I don’t make it a huge punishment I simply say something like “You need to choose another area to play, maybe tomorrow you will be ready to play with the sensory table appropriately, we can try again tomorrow.”

B) What strategies are in place to meet childrens needs to prevent problems? for example physical and emotional needs?

Establish positive relationships with children
•I empower children to use language and other forms of non-hurtful communication to
communicate their emotions
•I will promote positive, empathetic relationships between children assisting them to develop
respectful relationship
•I wll encourage and assist children to make decisions for themselves and provide opportunities for
independence and self-regulation
• I will provide positive feedback and focus on children’s strengths and achievements and build on their
abilities
•I will be understanding and supportive – acknowledge children’s emotions
•I will help children develop a sense of social responsibility, so that they become aware of the impact of
their actions on others
•I will Provide age appropriate and interesting activities, experiences and equipment for children to use
and become engaged in as they challenge their development
• Providing opportunities for children to explore both in the indoor and outdoor environment
• Set up the environment (indoor and outdoor) for children to engage in activities and experiences
in accordance with their abilities and interests
• Implementing a regular routine in order to support children’s positive behaviour. Routines help to
provide a sense of security so children feel settled.

I answered the above questions ... as am i going through the right way? can you please check..

Thanks

Yes, you're on the right track with your response!

:geek:,
Lorina

Shailaja011

Post by Shailaja011 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:13 pm

I need help with this question with?

Use practices to support a safe, supportive and equitable environment for children and young people by; considering developmental stage and needs of the child and/ or young person
Developmental challenges
Mental health issues
Environmental factors