providing care for children

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
naomi marie

providing care for children

Post by naomi marie » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:07 pm

hi there everyone,

i have just started doing this course and need a bit of help...
for my assignment i need to : Suggest the ways in which self-help skills can be encouraged in the following situations.

Packing away indoors/outdoors
Meal times
Toileting
Preparation to transition from indoors to out doors
Caring for own belongings
Caring for garden
Caring for equipment such as puzzles, books, games with loose parts

for children aged
0-2
3-5
6-12

i am not sure if i have to do it in a table form like they have showen in the assignment booklet of if i can do them all in the one could anyone help me please.

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Re: providing care for children

Post by catchmeifucan » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:18 pm

Hi Naomi, this question has already been answered here: http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/v ... f=35&t=211

naomi marie

Post by naomi marie » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:34 pm

hi catchmeifucan,

thanks for the link has helped a bit, but did doesnt say if it has to be in table form for each of the age groups or if i can put all of the ages into one table

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:36 pm

Evening Naomi,

I'm not going to be much help as I don't have access to the assignment booklet you are referring to. Maybe you can clarify it with a fellow student or email your tutor? From the question I read I think all you need to do is write down each scenario and list how you will encourage the children's self help skills. Although I'm not too sure. :think:

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:34 am

Do u have to actually fill your answer in the answer booklet? I guess u can put the answer in any format
eg
0-2
Meal Times
x
y
z
Toileting
x
y
z

however i think a table would be the easiest way to go, however like catchmeifucan said we cannot see your booklet so we are not sure what the table is like
as long as you get the info in i guess it wont matter how you get it done - list, table, whatever

naomi marie

Post by naomi marie » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:54 am

i just got the assignments not in booklet form. i have done it in table form.... i doing it on my own 4 my course i doing is in brisbane and i am in weipa. i got given some numbers so might give someone a call

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:17 am

who are u doing your course through ?

naomi marie

Post by naomi marie » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:28 am

brisbane north institute of tafe- open learning

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:39 am

I did my Diploma through them and found them always very helpful indeed.
My tutor always called me back if I called her and she wasnt around & she was always friendly and super helpful

Shadow79

Post by Shadow79 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:48 pm

Yeah, do it as they gave it to you-in table form. You can make tables in microsoft "word" I am also OLI, hard to keep motivated. Its the same question at the bottom of each page that is stumping me any suggestions or hints? I have only done 2 subjects in 6 months :( but work goes quiet soon so hopefully I can speed it up!!

Shadow79

Post by Shadow79 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:52 pm

Sorry, question being "Explain how you will achieve an awareness of the importance of hygiene, nutrition, safety and the need for physical activity with this age group". It feel like the answers are in the table and I have to find different words but the same meaning to complete the assignment

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:24 am

Hi Shadow,

One of the biggest aspects that I think helps on how to word answers together is through using the EYLF Learning Outcomes evidence guide. This will help you determine exactly what you need to encourage and support for children's health and well being. I will provide the info below. Have a read through it and this should hopefully give you some ideas on how to answer this question.

EYLF Learning Outcome 3.2 . Children take increasing responsibility for their own health and physical wellbeing.

This is evident, for example, when children:

• recognise and communicate their bodily needs (for example, thirst, hunger, rest, comfort, physical activity).

• are happy, healthy, safe and connected to others.

• engage in increasingly complex sensory motor skills and movement patterns.

• combine gross and fine motor movement and balance to achieve increasingly complex patterns of activity including dance, creative movement and drama.

• use their sensory capabilities and dispositions with increasing integration, skill and purpose to explore and respond to their world.

• demonstrate spatial awareness and orient themselves, moving around and through their environments confidently and safely.

• manipulate equipment and manage tools with increasing competence and skill respond through movement to traditional and contemporary music, dance and storytelling.

• show an increasing awareness of healthy lifestyles and good nutrition.

• show increasing independence and competence in personal hygiene, care and safety for themselves and others.

• show enthusiasm for participating in physical play and negotiate play spaces to ensure the safety and wellbeing of themselves and others.

Educators promote this learning, for example, when they:

• plan for and participate in energetic physical activity with children, including dance, drama, movement and games.

• draw on family and community experiences and expertise to include familiar games and physical activities in play.

• provide a wide range of tools and materials to resource children’s fi ne and gross motor skills.

• actively support children to learn hygiene practices.

• promote continuity of children’s personal health and hygiene by sharing ownership of routines and schedules with children, families and the community.

• discuss health and safety issues with children and involve them in developing guidelines to keep the environment safe for all.

• engage children in experiences, conversations and routines that promote healthy lifestyles and good nutrition.

• consider the pace of the day within the context of the community.

• model and reinforce health, nutrition and personal hygiene practices with children.

• provide a range of active and restful experiences throughout the day and support children to make appropriate decisions regarding participation.

Sourced from EYLF Educator's Guide

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

renabee

Post by renabee » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:10 pm

hello how are you i started my Cert III for child care last Novamber , iam stuk with second quastion of assiginment no 2 the question is : Explain how you will achieve an awareness of the importance of , hygiene, nutrition , saftey and the need for physical activity with this age group ( 0-2 years) , (3-5 years ) and (6-12 years ) iam new to this plus english is my second language , but i can understand 95% of textbook , but i have proplem with answer the above question . just i dont know what did they mean , did they means achieve awareness for Carer or Children ????
any help will highly appreciated.

thnk you

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:54 pm

You need to read the forum rules.... if you have a question you need to start a new topic with the Unit code & title and then post your question along with your answer. Answer it as best as you can and then we can guide you once we know what you have understood from the question

renabee

cretficate III care for children

Post by renabee » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:03 pm

hello how are you i started my Cert III for child care last Novamber , iam stuk with second quastion of assiginment no 2 the question is : Explain how you will achieve an awareness of the importance of , hygiene, nutrition , saftey and the need for physical activity with this age group ( 0-2 years) , (3-5 years ) and (6-12 years ) iam new to this plus english is my second language , but i can understand 95% of textbook , but i have proplem with answer the above question . just i dont know what did they mean , did they means achieve awareness for Carer or Children ????

thank you

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:07 pm

Why are you double posting?
Please start a new topic

renabee

chc30708 certificate 3 in child care

Post by renabee » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:07 pm

thank you

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:48 pm

Renabee you need to start a NEW TOPIC
Click on Certificate III in Children's Services from the main forum page and then start a new topic for your question.
Until you do this we cannot help you

Shadow79

Post by Shadow79 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:15 pm

Thanks L.A. that helped quite a bit....finally passed the first two subjects!!! cheers again. Can only get easier, after not studying for 15 years!! :thumbup: