literacy skills

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
c_brown89

literacy skills

Post by c_brown89 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:17 pm

hi i was wondering if you guys can help me out im and ask to supply 2 activites that include all these things paper (lined and unlined, different sizes, colors, weights, textures), ready made books,magnet boards & alphabet magnets, clipboards,envelopes,junk mail toy catalogues,magazines,pens & pencils to promote literacy skills.
if anyone has any ideas i would really appreciate it im stuck on this one i have a few ideas but they dont include all of them so confusing & doing my head in.
thanks

mallissa
Participator
Participator

Re: literacy skills

Post by mallissa » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:31 pm

you could try creative play like shop that sort of thing. use the lined paper to get the children to write out shopping lists. setup the other things like the children can buy them and have the junk mail as the shops catalogues. this is what we did at our house and the children loved it