help pleassee CHCCN302A

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Jeska

help pleassee CHCCN302A

Post by Jeska » Mon May 30, 2011 3:20 pm

Hi am having difficulty with this one?

Read the scenario and describe the conversation Kelly may have with Thomas in response to emotional distress.

There are 20 children in the group aged 2.9yrs to 5.2yrs
over the week there are 7 children new to the centre and 12 who have moved up to the older toddler room
There are 2 staff rostered on from 7am and 1 staff member starts at 8.15am
The parents enter the room to sign in, place their child belongings in their bag ay and convey or exchange information with a carer.

There are usually 3-4 children each day who have separation anxiety. The room set up includes art/craft, table games and play dough as well as usual play areas. By the time children have arrived the room is a mess and noise level is highh. Carers try and manage separation issues and are feeling stressed.

Kelly sits down at the puzzle table to collect her thoughts. Thomas (3yrs) is sitting at the table sobbing quietly and very distressed.

Lorina

Re: help pleassee CHCCN302A

Post by Lorina » Tue May 31, 2011 7:00 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to help you out with your question but I'm a little confused...

Is Kelly a child in the room or is she a carer?

Sorry, I know it's probably an obvious answer but I just want to clarify it before helping you out.

:geek:,
L.A

Jeska

Post by Jeska » Tue May 31, 2011 9:09 pm

Hey thanks for your help :)

Kelly is one of the carers.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:29 pm

Hi Jeska,

I would comfort Thomas... tell him that his parents will be back after afternoon tea to pick him up. Try and get him interested in an activity or distract him by talking to him about the puzzle he is completing and just sit quietly with him. Most of the time even though a child may have separation anxiety, typically once they get involved in an activity or distracted by something they are interested in they tend to forget about missing their parents so much...

:geek:,
L.A

angelqtl672

Re: CHCCN302A- provide care for children - please help

Post by angelqtl672 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:44 pm

Hi Can u help me with this question by answering it for me.
Explain how children are dressed according to the need and weather conditions for the following and why?
Heat : Cold : Rain :

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:44 pm

Personally with separation anxiety I find talking to the child and comforting him works best rather than distracting him which just means they may feel anxious once they have finished an activity again.
Tell the child mummy/daddy/whoever will be back at X time to get you. I used to show my 3 yr olds on the big clock ...when this hand gets here mummy will be back.
You HAVE to make sure whoever picks the child is punctual...so do not make these statements until you know for sure what time the child gets picked up.
I find within a few days of doing this the child realises that he is not being abandoned and mummy does come back when she and you (carer) says she will be back and the anxiety subsides
I also do a lot of talking/discussions at group time about mummy/daddy having to go to work...with stay-at-home parents I say they have a lot to do around the house too.... I tell the children that they come to school to learn and have fun with their friends while the parents go to work because they get money for working and thats how they can buy groceries and toys etc ... its funny what a 3 yr old can understand if told to him in the right way.
I also tell my kids its ok to miss mummy and if they need a hug they can get one from me :)

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:48 pm

Hi Can u help me with this question by answering it for me.
Explain how children are dressed according to the need and weather conditions for the following and why?
Heat : Cold : Rain :
I think you need to start a new topic on the main page .... you will probably get more response that way too.
As for the question, what do you understand about the question.
What clothes would you deem appropriate for the given weather conditions? and why would you have them in those clothes?

eg Heat ---> cotton clothes...shoulders covered.....hat ...basically you have the child wear clothes that would keep him cool yet protected when out in the heat and sun