CHCPR303D - Completing Child Observations

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
emily26

CHCPR303D - Completing Child Observations

Post by emily26 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:17 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCPR303D Observation
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Hello,

I would just like some clarification from some one as I am currently trying to complete some observations on children and have started to answer the question but would just like to know if I am writing it properly before I go ahead and complete more observations.

The question for my assignment is,

"Choose one focus child and complete an observation using Template 23A.

Please use the template provided on the following pages using either running or anecdotal recording style and document an observation on each area of development for your focus child.

Please also note the following when completing your observations:

• You must choose one child aged between 0-12 years old;

• Permission from parents needs to be obtained before commencing any observations of your focus child;

• You should provide a variety of activities for your focus child to choose to participate in at all times;

• Your focus child should never be put under any stress or have his/her play interrupted for the purpose of an observation;

• Your focus child should be observed in his/her natural setting, rather than a staged one (you must observe the activity in which you are documenting an observation on)".

• You must NOT force him/her into participating in an activity just so that you can observe a particular developmental domain;

• Observations are to be kept private and confidential;

• You should never use another child’s name in your observations (due to confidentiality) instead, you may refer to child as ‘peer’ or use their first initials.

I then have to complete 6 development observations including physical development, social, emotional, creative, cognitive and language and I need to include in my observation
Date:
Setting:
Observation:
EYLF Outcome:
Follow up:

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
this is what I have got so far for physical development

Date: Monday 21st of July 2014
Setting: Fenced outdoor Front yard play area , Mini Trampoline
Observation: On Monday the 21st of July 2014 at 8.35am lily arrived at the centre, she kisses her mum goodbye and then runs straight over to the mini trampoline, she removes her shoes by herself and then places them to the side of the trampoline and calls out to me to inform me that she will place her shoes in her locker after she has finished on the trampoline. she then carefully lifts her left leg onto the mini trampoline followed by her right leg, she then begins to bounce slowly up and down and starts to gradually bounce higher and higher while giggling and smiling to herself, she then says “Miss Emily, Miss Emily, look at me look how high I am jumping” I respond with “ wow look at you lily you can almost touch the sky” she smiles and seems confident. lily then decides to see if she can balance on her right leg while jumping on the mini trampoline with just her left leg she falls over a few times and then calls me over to help and assist her, she asks me if I could hold her hands while she tries to balance and jump with just her left leg on the mini trampoline, she then says weeeee this is fun I like this thank you miss emily she finally does it with my assistance and seems very proud of herself, “A” makes her way over to where lily and I are and asks politely if she can have a turn at bouncing on the trampoline, lily says yes I am finished and then jumps off the trampoline onto the ground and picks up her shoes and runs to her room and puts her shoes into her locker.
EYLF Outcome: Outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of identity.
1.2 Children develop their emerging autonomy, inter-dependence, resilience and sense of agency.
1.3 Children develop knowledgeable and confident self-identities.
1.4 Children learn to interact in relation to others with care, empathy and respect.
Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world.
2.1 Children develop a sense of belonging to groups and communities and an understanding of the reciprocal rights and responsibilities necessary for active community participation
2.3 Children become aware of fairness.

Follow up: I HAVE HAVING TROUBLE ON WHAT TO WRITE IN THE FOLLOW UP SECTION- I am unsure what exactly it means.

Description and Message:
any help would be great!!! thank you xoxo
Last edited by Lorina on Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCPR303D - Completing Child Observations

Post by Lorina » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:16 am

Yes, your observation is detailed and well thought out! When I read it I feel as if I can see it happening in front of me so that's good!

A follow up is basically an extension of the experience the child had in the observation. So, since the child was jumping on the trampoline and balancing a follow up could be creating an obstacle course with climbing equipment, balance beams etc.

A follow up usually extends on the child's interest or supports them to develop a skill...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

emily26

Post by emily26 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:27 pm

thanks heaps for your reply back and your nice feedback about my observation :giggle:
I am glad I am on the right track!! thanks again :kiss:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:22 am

No problem! A job well done! :thumbup:

See you around the forum,

:geek:,
L.A

australia
Participator
Participator

Post by australia » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:34 pm

Hi Lorina how are you?
I work in aday care center that for furst time i have to write a learning story. I choose a toddler who when another toddler try to climp to the locker he help this toddle by crab her with his hands and safe her pulling down to the floor showing me that calling her name.
Could you please help me in that?