CHCIC301D-Interact effectively with children

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
janAiken
Participator
Participator

CHCIC301D-Interact effectively with children

Post by janAiken » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:20 pm

Hi everyone,I need some ideas how to answer the following scenarios...Thank you :)

1.Brendan age three,does not want to sit at the table to eat his lunch.You have to asked him twice to come to the table.What choices could you offer Brendan that would encourage him to cooperate with you?

2.Jessie age 5 years is busy cutting up paper on a table you require for a cooking activity.What choices could you provide that would encourage her to cooperate with you?

My ideas: I could offer Jessie another table so that she can finish cutting the paper or ask i could ask her if she want to help me preparing the cooking activities.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: CHCIC301D-Interact effectively with children

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:55 pm

That is what I would say to Jessie too. I would add that if she did not want to move to another table then she could either do the cooking or something else and then when the table was free again she could come back and meanwhile you would keep her work in a safe place for her.

What would you say to Brendan?