CHCCS400C - Principles Of Ethical Decision Making

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
kirmar02
Participator
Participator

CHCCS400C - Principles Of Ethical Decision Making

Post by kirmar02 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:39 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCCS400C WORK WITHIN A RELEVANT LEGAL AND ETHICAL FRAMEWOK
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Describe the principles of ethical decision making, and then provide one example of when you may need to apply these principles in an early childhood education and care setting.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
All professional ethical codes and guidelines are based on care and respect for the child and families at all times. In order to ensure that the decisions i make are ethical i need to:
• be very clear on the guidelines of my service
• be familiar with and guided by all relevant legislation
• be familiar with and guided by all relevant standards which further define how the legislation is applied
• be aware of services code of conduct, which is reflected in our policy and procedures.
• demonstrate a commitment to a moral standard of professional behaviour, which I must uphold at all times
• have a system in place which allows me to explore all sides of an ethical dilemma and examine the consequences of any action and/or decisions i may make.
I can make ethical decisions by following a few important steps :
Firstly I need to be able to recognise the potential issue or problem, I can then gather evidence/information/facts from all parties involved by asking many questions, under no circumstances jump to any conclusions, consult with peers and supervisors on the issue, evaluate the options to be able to come to the best outcome, keep an openmind and always look at the bigger picture, always consider all parties involved and make sure I am aware of any laws or regulations that may apply. After the decision has been made take time to reflect on the outcome.
An example of using these principles in an early childhood education and care setting would be :

Description and Message:
Please could you let me know if I am on the right track with this question, also finding it difficult to provide a good example. Any help would be great. Thank you :)
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCCS400C - Principles Of Ethical Decision Making

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:52 am

Yes, you're on the right track with your response. An example could be something like:

- a staff member constantly turning up late for work
- a parent that often runs late to pick up their child after closing
- a disagreement between a parent and an educator about the child's rest needs during the day
- a staff member taking too many "sick" leaves from work
- a parent who ask staff to baby sit her child outside centre hours

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

kirmar02
Participator
Participator

Post by kirmar02 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:30 pm

Thank you so much for your help :D

Athena7769

Post by Athena7769 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:47 pm

Hi,
Your answer is pretty much word for word taken from this website:

https://sielearning.tafensw.edu.au/MCS/ ... 511_00.htm

Don't forget to reference this site. If I found it, I am sure the people marking your work will also know about it and it could effect your grade.